Joshua, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

what does everyone think is the next neighborhood poised to gentrify? What is poised to grow?

Asked by Joshua, Denver, CO Wed Feb 27, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3109860653-1300-Pennsylvania-…

Answers

14
I think you'll see westward extension from Baker and into Lincoln Park, and more refugees from Highlands, probably expanding into Sunnyside and Berkeley...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
I am seeing a lot of interest and growth in neighborhood investment in Sunnyside, Curtis Park and the Baker neighborhoods. The prices are maintaining good investment potential for how much you get for the homes in these areas, and the draw for living closer to downtown Denver is only increasing these areas potential.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
I love the Curtis Park or RINO district, very up and coming with lots of potential!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
Follow the light rail trail. In every direction, real estate within a comfortable walk to light rail are seeing added value for their location.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
Clayton and Cole. Also Sunnyside I think will follow what has been happening in LoHi
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
Old Littleton with all the renovations on downtown and main street, the light rail access to downtown.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
Joshua,

Good answers below. I would also add North Park Hill and what is called northeast Park Hill which is the area between Monaco east to Quebec and from MLK to 389th ave. A lot of activity there right now in owner occupants from the suburbs and investor fix and flips that get multiple offers in days.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
I think Baker, Sunnyside, Curtis and Cole/Clayton are all already "hot", so I'm going with SoCo (south of Colfax between Federal and Sheridan) and North Strayer Shepards by Stapleton. I really do predict prices going up quite a bit in those areas in the next few years.

Marina Jensen
Cherry Creek Properties
303 908-9117
http://www.MarinaJensen.com
Well there are a couple areas...
~The RINO area is expanding with a King Soopers coming in which will help with the market as well as the light rail going to the Downtown.
~Jefferson Park is continuing to expand with it close proximity to Downtown.
~Mayfair with Trader's Joe, Sprouts, and New King Soopers and change with the Colorado Health Science Center will finally be seeing some change.

People still like being close to the city activities!

Bill Pearson GRI, SRES |"Your Denver Realtor For Life"
ERA Herman Group Real Estate| 201 Columbine Street| Suite 301| Denver CO 80206
720-329-1470 |Bill@DenverRealtorForLife.com
5280 Magazine FIVE STAR Real Estate Professional – 2010, 2011, 2012
Curtis Park and RINO, in my opinion.
Chuck Strauss
Your Castle Real Estate
720-318-7598
denverhomeguru@gmail.com
http://www.denverhomeguru.com
Joshua,

I am seeing dramatic improvents in all neighborhoods across town. The specific neighborhoods mentioned below has already moved into a "hot" category a couple years ago. There is a lot of renovation and price increases literally everywhere you go. Villa Park neighborhood really stands out these days - new light rail, remodels, flips and even new built homes. All this affected the prices there, which jumped quite a bit.

I see the growth continue in each direction from Downtown Denver, as property values go up and the inventory remains super low. This trend should continue until we hit another economic disaster.

Marina Bay
Cherry Creek Properties
303-835-9305
Certainly with all the local restaurant notoriety in LoHi, you'll see more movement in Sunnyside. (http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2013/01/lohi_2.php), and I think often-overlooked Whittier will start to move because of its great proximity to City Park West, but also close enough to the downtown area yet within a comfortable distance to enjoy a neighborhood calmness.
Sunnyside is not a secret anymore. Berkeley isn't really either. Love both. Keeping an eye on Regis area, but know I-70 is a good size boundary. Curtis Park, North Whittier/City Park (Cole/Clayton) is seeing a lot of activity and fix ups. Like the comment below, I'm eyeing the new West Line Light Rail opening up in a matter of weeks. Especially the part in Denver County before Sheridan.
awesome answers so far guys!