debra, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

looking for investment property (condo) Dublin or Pleasant Hill.area and any area in between. Under $200,000.

Asked by debra, San Francisco, CA Thu Sep 20, 2012

I would like to start buying investment property. This will be my first. I own my own home.

Answers

4
Hello Debra,

It's probably a good idea to start low with your first investment property and the market is still favorable for investors........there are always good deals, it is just a matter of knowing what to expect, the market trends, and if the rental market is strong in your location of choice. There are areas of Walnut Creek where the rents are quite strong and yes, you could still purchase in a nice Walnut Creek neighborhood and stay in your budget of under 200,000.
Agent Jeri Mladnich,

Please show all of us these properties in Walnut Creek that are priced under $200k.
Neil is right. You will have a hard time finding an investment property for under $200k in Dublin or Pleasant Hill. Why not consider Antioch or Oakley ?
Antioch will have a BART extension pretty soon. Even though prices have gone up, it is still possible to find single family homes < 200k in Antioch. Are you planning to get a loan ?
Alternatively, you can get a heloc on your primary and then buy the property cash.
Best of luck.
Sorry to say but I highly doubt you will find anything in that price point in those areas. In Concord you will find tons of condos. Condos are not always good cash flow investments due to HOA fees though. There are some exceptions. You will find some single family homes in Martinez priced under $200k. They will be older homes but they do rent out well and at fair rental market prices that make those properties cash flow to a point where they can be good investments. But you won't find anything in Dublin or Pleasant Hill.