dana, Other/Just Looking in Tucson, AZ

1/9/2013 What is average days on the market for a 3 bedroom home (ave. $150,000 sales price) in Tucson AZ now?

Asked by dana, Tucson, AZ Wed Jan 9, 2013

Answers

10
Dana,
Average days on market for the Tucson Metro area increased to 55 in December from 51 in the previous month of November. Call or email me for specific listing or neighborhood information and I would be more than happy to assist.

Have a great day,
Michael Shiner
520-247-6436
Hello Dana,
Average days on market is misleading. It averages well priced homes, distressed properties and overpriced properties. If you look at mls on any given day, you will find most of the listings are well over the 51-55 day average. This is because in this market, with just over half of the inventory we should have, properly priced homes are selling very quickly. Often they are under contract in under 48 hours from initial listing. Financing and closing can take 45-60 days giving you the days on market. Investors will sometimes by the best deals, for cash in as few as a few hours after a house hits the market. Closing is typically in 10 days.
If you are buying, you want to be very aggressive and efficient in your search. Don't spot a house you like on Tuesday, and expect to see it Saturday if it is a good deal.
If you are selling, an experienced agent can help you take the time to prepare the home and price it right. If you take his/her advice, don't be surprised if there is a crowd on listing day!
If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at 520-370-8907.
Good Luck
Doug Seemann
Long Realty
dougs@longrealty.com
It depends on the neighborhoood and the comparisons around the "subject" home, this is what determines the market in that area. AzProperties@Ymail.com
Hi Dana,
Most people ask this question because they are curious how long it will take their own house to sell. The best way to get your answer is to follow the activity within your own subdivision, comparing apples to apples! There are many factors that play a role in the sale of any home, some are; location, condition, ease of viewing (access) price, and whether it is a foreclosure, short sale or not. Take away the latter of these and it comes down to the desirability of the home and it's location. The price is always negotiable but if it is priced too high buyers, for the most part, won't even consider making an offer.
You may want to start with a free market analysis of your neighborhood and see what that tells you. Discuss the price point and receive tips on things you can do to prepare your home for sale to make it show like a model. Proper staging can also make a difference.
I would be happy to run a market analysis with absolutely NO OBLIGATION! That's where you'll most likely find your answer. Who knows, your home could sell quicker than the average, it's happened many times before.

I hope this was helpful,

Lori Hahn
Tierra Antigua Realty
520-429-8149
Hi Dana,

Average days on the market is relative... to the area, type of sale, and pricing. If you are interested in a particular area, please contact me and I'll do a market analysis of that area for you.

Hope to hear from you.

Gayla Lemley
Tierra Antigua Realty LLC
520-481-9252
http://www.GaylaLemley.com
Hello Dana,

I always try to answer the question that is asked on this forum, rather than the question I think the writer meant to ask.

In the past 30 days, there were five sales of three bedroom houses priced at $150,000 in Tucson. The days on market ranged from 10 to 98 days, and the average is 52 days.

This doesn't help you much, does it? I think you might want to know the average days on market for a specific three bedroom house, or a type of house, or a neighborhood. The days on market will depend on whether the house is priced correctly, its condition, its location, whether it is a short sale, foreclosure, or a property that doesn't have a bank involved in its sale, whether it is tenant-occupied or otherwise difficult to show, and many other factors.

I would be happy to talk with you to try to answer the question you want answered.

Donna Moulton
Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
520-909-1171
http://www.SweetDesertHome.com
I did a quick search of homes in the Tucson area that have sold in the last three months. I looked at homes that sold between $140,000 and $160,000. Average days on market was 53.

Of course there are lots of variables, short sales can take forever, cash sales can close pretty quickly, etc.,

Hope this helps!

Tucson Dawn
Dawn Heinemann
Associate Broker
Long Realty
http://www.TucsonDawn.com
Dana,
Roughly between 30 and 45 days. The condition of the property and the list price will ultimately determine how long it will take for your property to sell. If you have any other real estate questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Eseosa Elaiho
REALTOR®
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
520-979-0531
Realestate@ShowMeTucson.com
http://www.showmetucson.com
Hi Dana,

You can see that and all the latest MLS statistics on my website -- http://www.TucsonHomeProperties.com. If I can help you in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

David
It would be more accurate to narrow this down to the correct subdivision. A well priced home in this price range, will receive an offer the first 30 days. Not all listings are the same of course, many times we will view a property in this price range and it will receive multiple offers.