S Thakkar, Real Estate Pro in 75070

Which one is best suburb in Austin area for investment properties..?

Asked by S Thakkar, 75070 Mon Aug 5, 2013

Answers

10
Russell Spillers’ answer
Hello Shital,
I know you asked this question almost a year ago but I have just recently become active on Trulia's website. I am an experienced investor in the Austin area. I am primarily a wholesaler. I also do fix and flips if the margins are really nice. I do a high level of marketing and therefore generate a good amount of leads which I then turn into deals! If you are looking to make some investments this year give me a call.

Russell Spillers
512-551-1186
Russell@360Company.biz
http://www.AustinHouseCash.com
Yes.
There are differences in the neighborhoods in and austin Austin for investment potential. Are you looking for long term gains, or short term cash flow, or a combination of the two?

I've prepared a lot of data and spreadsheets showing exactly what areas have shown appreciation in the past. While we cannot predict the future, historical trends are good indicators of how areas will perform in the future.

If you have some time, give me a call or send me an email with your investment goals - I can make some time to chat if you are interested.

Cheers,

Eric

-----------------------------
e::Eric@EricEstate.com
p::512.712,5842
g::Google+
w::Austin Real Estate
t::@EricEstate
f::ericestate

A JB Goodwin Agent
-----------------------------
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
It really depends on your investment goals. There is no universal answer. I'd recommend that you spend some time talking with an agent (myself or another) that specializes in working with investors. I'd recommend looking for a firm that offers a turn-key approach, including finding the home, leasing it out, and managing it. Many agents say that they 'specialize' in investment properties, but they also specialize in waterfront, luxury, first-time buyers, etc. Agents that claim they specialize in every type of brokerage always give me a chuckle.

I dislike generalities, but here's what I will suggest, broad strokes, without knowing your investment goals. Look for homes in the $175-$225k price range, in S/SW Austin, NW Austin, or parts of Cedar Park and RR. Those homes will give you a good blend of rentability, positive ROI, and strong appreciation potential.

Don't chase cash flow. The wins in rental property come long-term, from minimizing turn-overs and having high-quality tenants. A brand-new house in Hutto or Buda may look appealing on a spreadsheet, but won't pan out that way.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 5, 2013
Thanks Tim,

You are right with your generalities, I am looking for long term investment in good neighborhood (Good school, growing, family friendly..) and looking for in range of 150-200K.

Thank you very much for suggesting few suburbs...

There are lots of land lots available in Horseshoe Bay area, is that growing area..?

Shital Thakkar
Flag Tue Aug 6, 2013
What is your budget? How much do you want to spend?

If you don't feel comfortable answering this question on a public forum, feel free to email me, and I can send you a list of properties that meet your criteria.

Eric

-----------------------------
e::Eric@EricEstate.com
p::512.712,5842
g::Google+
w::Austin Real Estate
t::@EricEstate
f::ericestate

A JB Goodwin Agent
-----------------------------

I am looking for Investment property for long term investment.
Looking for...

Good Area
Good School
Growing area
Good condition House

Shital
To answer your question completely depends on what your investment strategy is.
I don't like to answer questions with a question, but I've listed some questions for you to consider below.

Are you looking for consistent rental cashflow?
Are you looking to purchase, renovate, lease, hold, then sell for profit?
Are you looking for a longterm cashflow property?
Do you have a desired ROI?
Are you looking to replace a non performing investment portfolio with real estate?

I primarily work with investors, and I am an investor myself. Each investor has different goals and timelines.

I'd be happy to discuss investment strategies with you further. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Steven Van Orden

Steven@paulypresley.com
Hi, S.
I'd suggest you spend some time in different neighborhoods and get a feel for those you like. Pull historical data to show what happens to each during go-go times and slow times and see what appreciation does over 5 and 10 year blocks. This is important as many folks who purchased homes in the early and mid 2000s in Round Rock, Pflugerville, Leander, etc. broke even or went a little below or a little above their purchase price when selling last year and this year. Remember, Austin is a center city - everything flows from downtown out, in terms of desirability. The ripple effect means the suburbs are hit in a recession first and are the last to recover.

All of this written, have some specific goals for investing. I have a client who looks at the real estate market as a place to move money from and do better than the bond market. Another only buys based on a specific cash-on-cash return. Each has a plan and the properties conform to the plan (the plan doesn't bend for the property).

John Crowe, Broker
Keller Williams
Web Reference: http://www.crowehomes.com
Happy to email you examples of investment property in a variety of areas and describe what you will get in such areas. I am a full service Realtor handling investment property. From property management to investment analysis, you name it we can do it for you. No obligation and there is never a cost to you by us for finding you the perfect investment. Call or email to discuss further.

Dan Burstain, Realtor
JB Goodwin Realtors, 40 years in Central Texas
cell: 512-588-3260
Dan@JBGoodwin.com
Hi S -

Well, the VERY GOOD news is that there are way more than 1 great areas for investment property in the greater Austin area. Which one is the very best for you? That depends on what your objectives are and what your tollerance for risk is. Are you after cash flow or is long term appreciation a bigger priority for you? Who/How will property management be done? And the list of questions goes on and on.

I have recently found great Single Family income properties for a few clients and would be happy to to take you though the evaluation methodology and results.

Contact me directly so we can talk further - Looking forward to helping you build your wealth!

Susan Blaine
Hello S Thakkar,
You are asking a broad question to a very important question. I believe I'd be doing a dis-service to you to start naming subdivisions without meeting you, understanding your goals and forming a partnership to meet your needs.
Investment properties need individual scrutiny and analysis.
If you want, contact me directly.

Respectfully,
Bill Austin