O.c. Resident, Home Buyer in Lake Elsinore, CA

Which area in Corona is there the most demand for a 3 /2 ba. house rental and what are the top things renters in this market look for?

Asked by O.c. Resident, Lake Elsinore, CA Sun Oct 28, 2012

Answers

4
DEBRA CHUBB, REALTORĀ®’s answer
I frequently work with renters as their Agent. Just showed 8 homes today in Murrieta (see below client's preferences) we submitted applications today. I also show many homes in Corona as well. Clients tend to like areas located in the South-West / Far-West / North (they typically don't prefer the older parts of Corona as the homes tend to be much older built prior to 1980, unless they are seeking a historic home) - It can vary depending on individual preferences. Although my clients were flexible, I believe the below should provide you with a standard guideline.

Note: Husband employed as Chef at top restaurant in L.A., Wife a Nursing student. Has children and 1 pet. Husband willing to commute for larger home and better rent than L.A. area.

Clients top choice on the two homes in which they submitted an application included:

** Location and Price was very important **

#1 - Size of home
#2 - Large Yard
#3 - Close to schools
#4 - Allowed Pets (additional deposit was not a concern)
#5 - Clean & Freshly Painted
#6 - New carpet and Flooring
#7 - Rent Included a Gardener

Even though they preferred the granite counters in the other homes I showed, the two homes they chose did not have granite, as their main preference of focus is noted above.

I'd be glad to send you an analysis on what homes recently rented for in the Corona area, including their features and how long they were on the market.

Hope this information helps. Please feel comfortable to contact me anytime at 951-313-3414. I'm always here to help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
I like Eastvale...each renter has their own wants/needs/desires. It will depend on each person's preference and where they work and what they need for their family. Location close to freeways, schools, shopping and renovated or updated is always good.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Corona in general is in high demand for rentals, due to affordability and location. Average going rental price is a dollar per square foot. Be sure to have new fresh carpet and paint prior to showing and move in. Working and newer appliances also pay important rolls in the homemakers requests. And most importantly, be available as a landlord for your tenant to contact you whenever a concern or issue arises at the property.
It depends on what kind of renters you will cater to. Generically speaking though, low rents is high on the list for renters feeling the financial pinch of our slow economy. That means keeping your costs low so you can pass on any savings but still make a net profit.