br1anmc, Home Buyer in Ocean City, MD

When buying a two bedroom condo and considering resale value, what is more important, square footage or having a second bathroom?

Asked by br1anmc, Ocean City, MD Sat Oct 20, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3078415245-408-Saint-Louis-Av…

Answers

6
David Leiderman’s answer
I would have to agree with everyone before me. If the choice is strictly between more square footage and a second bathroom you have to take the latter. With that said, you have to consider that most larger units in town come with a second bathroom anyway. Generally speaking, a property with a minimum of close to 800 sq. ft. (some are 750 - 798) will have 2 bathrooms. The larger the unit the more bathrooms in most cases. Many 2 bedroom condos in town below 800 will offer only 1 or 1 1/2 baths.

Depending on your price range and desired location there may be 2 bdrm condos priced competitively between those with 1 baths vs. 2.

Make sure you're working with a Buyers Agent to ensure that you get the information and representation you need.

Dave
The bathroom is always most important, in my opinion. For Ocean City deals and foreclosures visit http://www.shorelifehomes.com/community/area/Ocean+City/ ...happy condo hunting.

Adam Roop
410-912-0310
Having a second bathroom or at least a halp bathroom is probably better for resale value for a beach condo.
I agree with Charlotte Powell- the 2nd bathroom is much more important when it comes to a
vacation home or place where you may get alot of visitors! If you are working with a buyer's agent they should be showing you what has sold in the area with only 1 bath. If you don't have an agent I can recommend one that is outstanding in the Ocean City area!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
Here at the beach, in most cases, the second bathroom is more important that a few more square feet. Often, several family members or friends vacation together and the second bath is very important. As an agent, I find that properties with just one bathroom are more difficult to sell, but other amenities, such as a pool, distance to the beach, views, etc should also be considered.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Hi BR1,

If there is not a substantial difference in s.f. the second bath would be more important to most buyers. Particularly in an area like OC where vacation and second homes are the norm. Ask your Realtor to provide you with comps on both, separated so you can see what buyers in the area are preferring.