Joe Dog, Home Seller in Norristown, PA

Want to Sell in Norristown

Asked by Joe Dog, Norristown, PA Wed Feb 13, 2013

Hello, I purchased a few properties at the high point of the market in Norristown hoping to diversify from the then plunging stock market. It turned out to be a mistake. Difficult tenants, maintenance costs, vacancy have pushed me to the edge. I had them listed for a year with no bites. Do any realtors have experience with investors and/or short sales?

Answers

4
Short Sales can be a difficult process for income properties esecially if you have equity in your primary residence or other properties. There are many different issues to consider with a short sale and I'd strongly encourage you to speak with a Realtor who holds the CDPE designation. That stands for Certified Distressed Property Expert. This designation is the most comprehensive when dealing with Short Sales or distressed properties. Most importantly it just doesn't teach agents to sell short but can also aid in assisting with loan modification or restructuring. The biggest issues with Short Sales is finding out if you qualify AND if the concequences of selling short are the best path for you financially.
I hold the CDPE and CRS designations and would be happy to consult with you regarding your situation. Joe McCormick RE/MAX Hometown
I have experience with distressed property sales. Currently have several short sales in different stages of the process. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Hi joe,

You did get caught in a bad market area. I do have lots of experience with short sales and norristown. Feel free to contact me.
Unfortunately you are not alone. Did you use a realtor to help with screening tenants. Although there is a cost to you for this service, realtors will help screen applicants to check their credit scores ,employment history, and previous rental history. Short selling is always an option depending on the situation
Yes I used a realtor to manage the properties, screen tenants etc. still not much luck.
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013