Mina9902, Home Buyer in Huntington Beach, CA

Sorry Boyle Heights location, what does LARD1.5 mean, lot size 8,403 for resale or building on property? next to Downtown L.A. Back up to 5 freway.

Asked by Mina9902, Huntington Beach, CA Thu Aug 22, 2013

Answers

3
You have good answers here, but I recommend you visit the City to discuss the parcel and your proposed use. Aside from how many buildings can be built, there will be other restrictions that could limit the "type" of building and it's use. Save yourself time and money and investigate everything before you buy.
LARD 1.5 means that you can build so many units per square foot of land based upon your lot size. You can check with the City of Los Angeles Building and Safety Department for more details.

See the link below.

Hope this helps.

Kat

Click on the link that says Summary of Zoning Regulations and look for the zone RD 1.5. For a lot size of 5000 sq. ft. each dwelling unit must be 1500 square feet. That would give you 3 units. Do for 8400 sq. ft lot size, you could most likely build 4 to 5 units. Do check with the City to verify this information. There are setback requirements, hill side requirements, and more that may pertain to your property.

City will allow 1,500 sqft per unit or up to 5 units. With a density bonus it's possible for 6 units. I recently sold a similar lot in the area.

Fernando Lara
http://www.LandLynk.com
LandPro@southerncalland.com
(562) 622-9911
I am looking for duble lots or larger LARD 1.5 TO LAR 4
Mike Ron 3102102666
Flag Fri Aug 21, 2015