Jt, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Search investment property.

Asked by Jt, Charlotte, NC Fri Jan 24, 2014

I want to invest in a rental property. Maybe around 200k and below, a nice neighborhood with nice schools and easy to rent out with decent return. Any suggestion on which area? Huntersville? Providence? I hope I can find a good agent for both buying the property and manage it for me long term. Would that be possible/difficult? Thanks!!!

Answers

4
JT Look for a broker that has experience with investors. Interview a few to make sure you will work well together and that they understand your goals as an investor. A good broker will intently search your selected area for properties that may not even be marketed. As you move forward in your broker selection, I would love a chance to talk with you and provide you with the investor references to see if we work well together.

Have a Great Afternoon!

Alicia Buchanan
NC Broker Realtor
Market Street Realty
704 906 7211
msrbroker@gmail.com
First, get a Realtor that understand investment and returns. Second, they will do all your searches for you and set up appointment. Your buyers agent will be able to locate them before you can find them on a search engine.
Great question!

Candace Ellis
Ellis Group Realty, Inc.
Broker in Charge
704-583-3344
704-506-0261
Let 29 years experience work for YOU!
Hey JT. I think you're making a wise decision to invest in real estate. Now is a great time to work on increasing your net worth with real estate. There are many areas to consider from an investment standpoint. I recently sold a home to an investor in the Selwyn Park area of Charlotte. It's a great corridor to consider as many homes are priced reasonably and draw a young, professional rental crowd who want to be near the entertainment attractions that this area offers. There are also many other areas to share with you as well and I'd love to have the opportunity to chat with you. As for Property Management, I only focus on helping my clients buy or sell investment properties as I feel my focus allows me to be an expert for my clients. I do however know many great Property Management folks and can help you get set up with one as you're purchasing your first investment. Please feel free to call me at 704.904.8966, email me at Brian@CasperRealtyGroup.com, or visit my website at http://www.CasperRealtyGroup.com. Take care!
Hey Jt,

Welcome to the world of real estate investing. I have two rental properties that I manage myself so I could talk to you about not only the purchase but also the mainentance of rental properties. The area best to buy in depends on your specific goals. As for an agent to help you buy and manage, I would suggest you keep those two separate. Agents who are knowledgable about helping clients purchase rental properties are not very often also experts in property management. Really those are two very different segments of real estate and I would suggest working with two professionals. One like myself who can advise you on a purhase and then another that runs a successful property management company for afte the purchase.

I would love to speak with you more. Below is my contact information.

Amy Baker
Allen Tate Realtors
704-258-1459
Amy.Baker@allentate.com