CODwarrior, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Looking to buy a single family home ( 4br) in Livermore area. Do you think Livermore is a good long term investment?

Asked by CODwarrior, San Francisco, CA Mon Feb 4, 2013

How are the public schools as well?

Answers

6
CODwarrior:

When I moved to Livermore nearly 20 years ago from Los Altos, I thought we were moving to the middle of nowhere. What a treasure we've discovered over the years! Livermore is still affordable; it is located for a "quick getaway" to the mountains and Delta Region; we have wineries, golf courses, shopping, world famous Bocce Ball, a great tennis and swim club, soccer fields and baseball diamonds for the kids (and adults!); minimal street traffic if you stay off the freeway; a thriving downtown; a variety of employers including two world famous national labs for all the scientists and engineers; and good schools.

Both my kids attended K through 12 in Livermore and are now in college. The Livermore school teachers are approachable; the school district and local schools encourage parent participation; there is a good variety of class choices; the district manages tight budgets effectively; and many of the teachers live in our community. If for some reason parents decide they don't want their children to attend the regular public schools, Livermore is also home to the Livermore Valley Charter School. It teaches K through 12 and the school is in the process of opening a new campus.

Is Livermore a good long term investment? I think so, but none of us can predict the future. We can only tell you where we are today, and where we've been in the past. Would I choose to move here again, if I had the choice? Most definitely! Are you thinking about investment property or moving here to live?

If you would like to talk about Livermore in more detail, please contact me. I have lived all over the Bay Area (peninsula, San Francisco, Marin County, Santa Clara, San Jose, and Berkeley) so can discuss the pros and cons of Livermore compared to these other areas.

Sally Blaze
925-998-1284
sblaze@apr.com
DRE 01856137
I can say that it is good to invest in this area because of its excellent school system, community college, cultural activities, and proximity to wonderful outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, windsurfing, and surfing. It's downtown area boasts wonderful restaurants, shops, and boutiques among its historic buildings. Livermore real estate is a good investment because aside from the city's natural attraction, its got excellent schools. The city has two high schools, and an average of 95% of high school seniors graduate and approximately 85% go on to pursue higher education.You can definitely put up some business.

If you need help in purchasing a property in Livermore, feel free to call us at 9094757760 and we'll be more than glad to assist you. You can consult with us anytime. Our company is Leaderscorp Financial Inc. and I am the CEO and founder. We are one of the leading and trusted lending institution here in California.

You can contact us anytime. Thanks.
Hi CODwarrior:

Put me down for another "thumbs-up" for Livermore.

Livermore has two things I (and many living in the City) wish Fremont had:

Wineries and a vibrant cohesive Downtown!

-Steve
In a word: Yes.
Livermore is about as far east as you can go while still being called part of the SF Bay Area. That fact makes it one of the more 'affordable' locations in the bay area.

As mentioned by other agents here, Livermore has been getting allot of good press lately:
- #5 out of top ten markets in nation,
- brand new huge luxury outlet shopping center,
- Livermore to host the Little League World Series in 2013,
- BART extension planned for imminent expansion to Livermore

As a local resident, I have to admit, I'm a bit biased. Great schools. Great downtown. Lots of community activities. Whether you're buying for your personal residence or for investment, Livermore has very high growth and price appreciation in its future.
As a 20 year resident, I may be a little biased - it's certainly been a good investment for me. But others clearly think so as well. SF Gate reported about an article written by Redfin, touting Livermore as #5 on a list of the Top Ten markets in the nation. With the best affordability in the Tri Valley, it's a popular destination for many home buyers. Here's the article from SF Gate.
Livermore is a great city for SO many great reasons. It’s come into its’ own in the past 10 years, and home prices, which used to be lower than surrounding areas, have come up to par. It is definitely a great long term investment.

You can check on school scores for all schools here:
http://api.cde.ca.gov/Acnt2012/2012GrthAPICo.aspx?cYear=2011…

Scroll down to Livermore and then compare with surrounding cities.