Mike V., Home Buyer in 60647

Looking for a realtor with multifamily experience in the Bucktown / Wicker Park / Logan Square area.

Asked by Mike V., 60647 Fri Sep 27, 2013

I'm interested in purchasing a two- or three-flat property in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area with an owner's unit, but would also be willing to look in the more easterly portions of Logan Square. I have a background in real estate, but this will be my first personal investment property; thus, I'm looking for someone to help guide the process, offer a second opinion on the properties I find interesting, etc. Price range would ideally be $600-800k. Let me know if you feel that you fit the bill, and we can take it from there.

Answers

28
I work with several agents who are well versed in the area as well as the property type. I myself live and own several properties in the area so I undersatnd the importance of working with someone who has the proper experiece. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will send you some contacts.
If you are looking for financing I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your options
Sam Sharp
Senior Vice President of Mortgage Lending
ssharp@guaranteedrate.com

http://www.guaranteedrate.com/SamSharp

vCard / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / A+ BBB Rating

o: 773.290.0455 / m: 312.217.4030 / f: 773.516.6056
3940 North Ravenswood , Chicago, IL 60613
NMLS ID: 224518
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 27, 2013
I would love to help!
Organic Realty
Bj Tregoning
myrealtorbj@gmail.com
773-418-1232
Your going to get a ton of agents answering this. Interview a few agents you think would be a good fit and see who you would feel the most confutable working with.
Please give me a call if you are looking for a great lender. 810-335-3503. Or you can send me an email at wallen@proficiomortgage.com and I can send you an inquiry form to get your paperwork started and try to get you pre qualified.

William Allen
Mortgage Banker
Your price range is realistic for the area and property type. I sold a property in UK village fitting that description recently and can tell you that inventory is light and the buyer pool is pretty competitive for properties in updated condition. A quick scan shows about 20+ properties in that range on the market at the moment, condition varies dramatically. Pick a Realtor with a solid background in construction and chicago's building and zoning codes to avoid pitfalls.

Wayne Beals
312-772-3257
multi unit was popular when people were splitting building up into condos and now its popular cause rent is great ..but so is the price.. its a long term investment to say the least also most people forget that all your income is taxable and with a multi unit will come an audit..
Greetings Mike,

Plenty of options out there for you. If not done so already, I would suggest that you get yourself pre approved first so that you are sure that you have the financing in place before submitting an offer. Also need to consider how much of a rehab project you are up for. Should you need any assistance with either the financing or the real estate portion, feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Hi, I'm a licensed broker who lives and works out of Logan Square, with a strong background in rentals. I would love to schedule a complimentary consultation if you are still searching for a realtor. Best of luck!

Bernie Small
4 Sale Realty
Ph: 773-354-1066
http://www.creativeapartmentrental.com
Mike,

You are certainly popular. Take the time to interview a couple of brokers and decide which broker you mesh well with.

Teaming up with someone like Sam Sharp will increase your preparedness. Sam and the team at Guaranteed Rate take care of their clients!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
Not only do we have a ton of experience with investment properties in that area and others but in your price range we share a substantial portion of our commission with the buyer - and we still provide full service. For instance we share up to 35% of our commission in that price range. At $800,000 that would mean approximately an extra $7000 in your pocket at closing.

You can contact me at 312-259-1762 for more information or you can learn more about our commission rebates at http://lucidrealty.com/real_estate_commission_rebates.php
Web Reference: http://lucidrealty.com
Let me know if you need help with management - my company manages over 150 scattered site single family homes and 2-3 flats throughout Chicago. I am also a licensed general contractor, experienced developer and income property owner/operator if you want a pre-inspection opinion on the purchase.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty LLC
Cell 773/368-5515
Email esachs@rpvinc.com
Mike I do mortgage banking for a living. I also own a 4 flat and 3 flat in the lakeview area. Michael Hall works at Baird & Warner he specialize in multi units and has been really successful in that market. I'd be happy to pre-approve you for the loan assuming you are not paying cash for the property.
Good Luck

Andrew Mabadi
Production Manager Primelending
847-612-8756 Cell
NMLS#200791
There is a lot of good agents out there. I would call up two or three and arrange a meeting. From there go with the one you mesh best with.

I would be happy to help.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
Well you will be popular. At that price point none of them will make sense as an investment so I hope you plan to live there for many many years. There are many nice looking buildings at 400-600K also. The market has changed a lot in the past 12 months and some of these buildings are selling pretty fast at times. Makes no sense to me, but that is what I see. I see this in many areas.
I am about to list exactly what you're looking for in Bucktown. Call me at 773-914-5309 or email bbiederman@citypointrealty.com
Mike,

Please take a look at our website (markallenrealty.com), Trulia profiles (Howie Andron, Matt Liss), and Yelp reviews. My associates and I here at Mark Allen Realty have a keen understanding of the market in the neighborhoods that you mentioned. Our office is in Bucktown and we live in different parts of Logan Square. These are the streets that we walk on and we make it a priority to be up to date on all of the real estate activity and in our neighborhoods.

I think that you will find that our counsel on investment properties is second to none. We'd be happy to host a meeting at our office some time early next week to discuss your vision and how to put it into action.

You can reach me by email at howie@markallenrealty.com or by phone at 773 972 5333.

Ok, I feel that I fit the bill. You must have a few props you are interested in already so tell me about them. Are you willing to do rehab work or turn key only? Let's have a conversation to see if we are a good fit.
Hi Mike. I live in LoganSquare now, and previously in Bucktown and Wicker Park. I've had clients purchase and sell multi family properties. I can help you run financials, estimate rents, obtain financing, etc. I'd love to work with you. Feel free to contact me any time.
I'd love to help you. I'm a commercial broker with 9 years experience. I've also lived in Wicker Park/Bucktown for the last 6 years. Feel free to call/email me any time.

Matt

Matt Andelman
Coldwell Banker
(312) 933-9196
matt.andelman@cbexchange.com
This is a great web page for bucktoen area and wicker park Multi-family , just choose Bucktown Area
http://www.illinoisbienesraices.com/Busqueda-Avanzada/
Plenty of us to choose from. Some are better than others. Read a few bios, see what clicks, best of luck.
Would be more then happy to assist you, I work 7 days a week around the clock! I personally invest a lot in the downtown market of Chicago, so I would be a great resource for you. I have some pocket investment opportunities as well if that is what you're looking for. (20% rental cap rates)

Feel free to call me on my cell at anytime - 312 493 8446

Garrett Steve
Managing Broker
Check out the profiles of brokers that you see respond on this forum and see who you would be able to work with best. I myself own a multi unit in logan square so i very familiar with those areas. Good luck
I'd be happy to help. You will probably have about 50 people offering to help by the end of the day. Read reviews on people and go with the one you mesh the best with. Good luck!
You will be very popular! Of course I'd love to assist you as I have worked with buyers and sellers in that area for many years. You can reach me at cwilson@koenigstrey.com. Best of luck!
Excellent choice. That's how I got started, selling multiunit buildings and I own several myself. Are you looking for representation or are you looking for consultation?

Mark Malave
I can help you find the perfect multi-unit to fit your needs, in Bucktown, Wicker Park, or Logan Square. Please feel free to call me at 312-550-3423. Or email me at marylynncalgaro@gmail.com.

I look forward to helping you accomplish your goals,

Mary Lynn Calgaro
Prime Real Estate
230 S Clark St
Chicago, IL 60604
wesellchicagoland.com
I would have to interview you to see if we are the right fit for each other.

Feel free to contact me to setup an initial consultation.
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013