Dmitry, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Loan for Foreign Nationals in Atlanta

Asked by Dmitry, Dallas, TX Fri Apr 26, 2013

I am looking for investor loans for Foreign Nationals in Atlanta to refinance existing properties that have been purchased for cash. I am looking for two types of loans - no frills 50% at 4-6% rate with minimum income verification and 65-70% LV with more stringent rules as bank takes more risk.

William Polack’s answer
David, you won't find rates that low because hard money or private money investors don't want to anger the banks by taking away all their customers. There are banks that offer Foreign Nationals loans in the 5-6% range but the requirement is proof of a working Visa and passport stamped in the US. It's an ARM (adjustable rate mortgage). The loan allows stated income and verified assets. It requires 35% down for purchases/40% equity for refinances and is geared towards people who work in cash transaction related businesses (restaurants, hair salon etc).

Taking it up a notch, private money offers higher rates starting at 9.5%. The investor I use allows for 75% LV, however, the equity of the property if bought 25% lower than the value can be used as your down payment. So, if you find a property at 75% sales price of the value, no money down. He charges 7% in fees plus $3200. The 7% can be financed. Therefore, find a property at 68% of the value, no money down and no points out of pocket. The $3200 can be paid by the seller if negotiated. Other fees include up front review fee (depends on commercial or residential and loan size, but never exceeds $1500 for one unit). Minimum loan amount is $100,000. Max is $6Million.
However, he takes a long time to close, which most people are uncomfortable with (about 60 days). This private investor disregards credit and bank statement deposits can be averaged for income plus you may use the income from the property in conjunction with your income. This is not for investors who wish to put money down.

We have other sources for that.

Hard Money lenders are as Bruce stated with rates in double digits. Private investors don't have to comply with as many federal guidelines as Hard Money lenders, so they are able to lend money to owner occupied buyers as well.

I am from Venezuela and used they where great, my brother used them in Miami and I purchased a home in Marietta Ga, I had to give 35% down payment and yes they closed my loan in about 45 days but I am very happy with there service and also my rate is 6.5% if you are interested call Jay 407-480-0788 he is very busy but trust me really good guy.
Hello, I am from Venezuela, may I talk to you about this? If so, my number is 404 4044364088. Thanks so much
Flag Sat Dec 6, 2014
Hi Dimitry,
If you are still looking i have a lender with your first option in Atlanta; no income verification, max. 4 cashout investment loans, LTV 45%, Rates 4.25%, 0 points, no prepay. I will swap you your 70%LTV lender for mine. Email me at:

I find most of these US mortgage experts don't know what they are talking about unfortunately when it comes to FN loan options, quick with the advice but rarely have the right answers.

stephen mcclatchie
I can get it done for you

Allow me to briefly introduce myself, I am Richard- El Bey. I have been in the lending business since 2000, and I am partnered with several banks and private investors that can help you put more of your clients into homes, and I work FAST!

What it is we can offer you and your clients

F.H.A. Desktop Underwriting 57 DTI
F.H.A. No trade lines 620
F.H.A. Purchases. 3.5% down, 3% seller concession, 3 months reserves (can be gift)
Use assets as income
660 FICO No cancelled rent checks
F.H.A. Streamline on investment property 620 FICO
1-2 unit {no income, no appraisal}
3-4 unit {income, no appraisal}
H.A.R.P. loans with unlimited LTV/CLTV primary and second home
90% JUMBO loans up to $2,100,000 residential
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Borrowers using TIN
Foreign Nationals, [Expatriate]- No Passport {Must have valid work visa or 30% down}
V.A. loans
Finance up to 20 properties with us
Non warrantable condos
580's OKAY
Past foreclosure or short sale, OKAY
65% of appraisal value financing for commercial purchasing or refinancing
20% down hard money do not care what the credit is purchasing
As well as private lenders looking for hard to do borrowers
We can get your dead loans DONE and keep your income growing.

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
Wealth advisor
(706) 399-7813
(678) 752-8062
Rodney, I think a lot of people would be interested in what a domestic permanent resident alien or US resident investor with verifiable income and assets appropriate debt ratios and a good 740 or above credit score would be able to obtain at todays rates in terms of down payment, interest rates and closing costs if higher than with an owner occupied loan.

HI David,
Bruce is 100% correct. What you are asking for has about the highest possible risk out there for a lending institution. A hard money loan at probably double the rate you gave is about your only option for a Foreign National Cash Out Refinance Limited Doc Investment Property mortgage. You have Extremely High Risk + Risk + High Risk + Risk in that proposal.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Hi David,

If you find something with those terms I have 100+ investors lined up. Loans for investment property owned by non resident foreign nationals are limited to hard money loans. The best I have seen are short term, under 5 years, fully amortizing, 65% LTV at rates in the 11 to 14% range.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investment Agent Specialist
203K Certified Specialist
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
The Linked In REALTOR
Loans are available you just need to search for them. For example in Arizona there are a few companies offering loans at 50-65% at 5-6% interest rate. I can get one loan at 70%LV and 4% interest in Atlanta but only one which is obviously not enough.
Hard money are of course available any day anywhere.
Flag Fri Apr 26, 2013