o, Home Owner in Lake Elsinore, CA

Is purchasing a home in the garden grove a good investment? Am I better off purchasing in Costa Mesa or Huntington Beach?

Asked by o, Lake Elsinore, CA Sun Jan 19, 2014

Answers

8
Garden Grove prices are much lower than Huntington Beach or Costa Mesa. It would depend on how much you can afford. You may buy a 4 bed 2 bath in GG SFR but only get a 2 bed Condo for the same price in HB. There are some good neighborhoods in GG. It's entirely up to you. Perhaps you should choose a Realtor in the area to take you out one of these days and explain the benefits of each city so that you can make the best informed decision.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
When you compare price, sq footage, and back yard space. You may find Garden Grove is a great city to buy in.

Garden Grove is well managed, in fact it was one city that was Not a part of the OC BK filling a few years back.

Kawain Payne, Realtor & Garden Grove CA Resident:)
it depends on the neighborhood. I would pick HB over Costa Mesa or GG - just for the address - however there are not so great areas in HB as with any town.

As for GG - that depends on the area - stick to Eastgate, Garden Park, West Grove - (92845) this area literllay butts up to Seal Beach off Lampson Ave and Cypress off Chapman. The beach (as in sand not address) is 5 miles away. You can have a HB address and be that far away. Pacifica High School has high ratings (greatschools.net). i have lived off Chapman and Valley View for 15 years - the demographics are changing - but the neoghborhood is still safe and family friendly. Seeing people ride their bike or walk is a daily sight. Concerts in the park, small town kind of feel. I lived in East garden grove for 5 years off Chapman and Harbor - my preference is the west end of town. East end has far more nightlife if thats what you are looking for. i lived in HB for 3 years off Beach and Garfield. Not as "cozy" as its larger but it was nice being 3 miles from the beach. i have not lived in Costa Mesa only shopped in the area.
I am all for saving money, but would rather live closer to the beach!
It's how you think your priorities should be, if your not sure, flip a coin.
If your looking for a pure non-owner occupied investment, look further inland (Riverside County/San Bernardino County) or maybe even much further inland, try Las Vegas.
If you choose Las Vegas, give me a call and I'll give you the low down on some great restaurants!
You may find that you can stretch your dollars a little further in Garden Grove then Huntington Beach or Costa Mesa. If your planning on renting out the property it may rent quicker due to location.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Rochelle Chacon
(949) 533-1262
Rochelle@RochelleSellsOC.com
Yes purchasing a home is a good investment. Looking to buy in a certain city one vs another. Yes the beach cities will be worth more money and you at more for them.
This will also depend on your price range and what is available

Here is my contact information so I can help you with your purchase and what I provide in helping buyers
Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.con
I see Garden Grove as one if the best values in all of Orange County. West Grove homes average $550k-$600k and offer a very safe neighborhood, great schools and excellent location for commuting. Central Grove is a bit less expensive and has a few great areas as well.

Costa Mesa and HB are fantastic places to live as well but are significantly more expensive. Certainly your budget as well as area amenities can help you decide.

I'm a lifelong resident of Garden Grove and would be happy to guide you through the different neighborhoods.

I hope this helps.

Jeremy
Hi-
There are great investments opportunities in all of these cities. To answer this question, you must ask yourself a few questions-
What is your budget?
What type of home are you seeking?
Is this a short term or long term investment? Are you looking to occupy the house or rent it?
Are you willing to purchase a fixer?
Are schools a concern?

You might find larger home in Garden Grove, whereas in CM or HB, you might have to get a condo or town home.

I would be happy to show you a few places within your budget in each area, so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Contact me today to get started!

Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell Realtors
714-914-5097
Realtornicolef@gmail.com
Contact me with your e-mail address, and I would be happy to send you some listings in these areas so you can compare what your budget gets you. Then we can go out a take a look at a few. Schools in HB and Costa Mesa are nationally recognized as top schools.
Flag Mon Jan 20, 2014
$750~$850K. Schools are a priority, long term, occupy. No fixer.
Flag Sun Jan 19, 2014