Jinglin165, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Investment property in Charlotte, NC

Asked by Jinglin165, Charlotte, NC Fri May 10, 2013

Hi, I am considering purchasing a investment property in the Charlotte area (range of $75k to $100k) and rent it out. I want to know the market for townhouse rentals vs single family homes as well as appreciation. I appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks!

Answers

3
Ceno Wilson’s answer
I'm a local investor, very active in the Charlotte area. Would be glad to assist any way I can with locating a good rental property in your price range. Email me: fwilson@wilsoninvestmentproperties.com

Ceno Wilson Managing Partner
Wilson Real Estate Investment, LLC.
704-469-2843
Twitter
Facebook
Charlotte Homes and Market News
Charlotte lease to own
Free Private Money Lender Report
We offer great Return On Your Investment and flexible terms.
Good afternoon, Jinglin:
Rental market is hot. Real Estate Market is hot. It would be good to talk with several professional property managers to see what type of properties are leasing fastest and most reliably. Rentability and appreciation will be greatest if you 1) buy in a desirable location or 2) buy so your total investment including purchase and repairs & improvements are significantly below the market. To the extent that you can do both, you will be farther ahead. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Jinglin,

there are a lot more variables than that to consider when purchasing an investmetn property in Charlotte. First the market down here si very competititive with both investors and first time home buyers fighting it out for homes. Most of the quality properties based on location and condition are sold within days if not hours and are going into a multiple offer situation.

Whether you are purchasing a home or a twon home does not really matter unless it is the location. Areas close to the university area, uptown and southpark and ballantyne can get a fast and easy rent for town homes ro condos as well as other areas of Charlotte. Then again homes can eb an easy rent also dependin on where it is located and the school system connected to them...

Last based on where you buy and how much you buy for will play a factor in the appreciation of the place or not. Some places are prime rental areas and the market for the prices of those places does not vary at all...Others are different.....

The best way to gather all the peritinent information you need is to get a Realtor invloved. Hire someoen to help you out through the process and guide you along the way. Then it will make it easier and they can send you specific dempgraphics and stats on the areas you are interested in.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013