aktl, Other/Just Looking in Cedar Park, TX

Interested in obtaining an investment property in the Lake Nona/ Laureate Park area. Not sure what would be a good area to invest in within this area.

Asked by aktl, Cedar Park, TX Mon Apr 8, 2013

Quite interested in Laureate and so many projects. What are some good value projects I should look at? Are townhouses are good option?

Answers

10
You already have a bunch of great answers, but I'd like to put my 2cent in too.
About your comment first comment regarding pricing. Lake Nona is booming. So, you will be hard pressed to find many REO/foreclosures left coming on the market and when you do, they will be very competitive. So, that usually means list price or over and cash buyers. Ofcourse a good agent can only do so much when it comes to this since the seller (bank/Fannie) chooses the offers with the highest probability of a sure closing. In other words, cash is king in this segment. The best time to enter that market was between '09 - '11 when REO's were coming to the market often. Most of those investors were investing for cash flow.
Now, it is a different story. My investor clients, last year began to invest in Lake Nona focused on appreciation and less on cash flow. They are using equity from previously purchased properties or using new mortgages to leverage their buying power.
So, you should be aware that this market has changed from what many others will tell you. The days of distressed property bargains are gone.
That does not mean that prices are too high. In fact, it means many smart investors are taking advantage of low rates to invest in growth areas. Lake Nona is clearly set for growth!
Assuming you want to invest in the way I explained above, you should expect to focus your searching on new properties or newer. (New saves management $ because of warranty) You should also focus on location within Lake Nona. Just because you can buy more sqft out in Moss Park (east of Nona) does not make it a worthwhile investment. You need to compare rental rates by location to be certain what your property will provide in rental income.
One other thing to mention regarding your question about property type (townhome, single family, condo) be aware that there is a new leasing community already built and others on the way. These are geared towards high/middle end tenants that want condo type leasing. So, in my opinion you should steer clear of the condo/small townhome option because of competition. However, if you purchase at the right price it is possible that these nearby rentals could support a higher price, but timing is key since you wouldn't want your property sitting empty because of vacant competition.

Sorry for the long answer, but many other investors have similar questions about lake Nona and I hope my explanation helps you and them as well.

You can visit the GalleonProperties.com website through the link below and use the Investor Search Tool. There you can search all MLS listings by map and compare current rental rates around each listing!

Please visit the blog on Trulia or GalleonProperties.com too. There you will find a few articles about investing in real estate and several of my past Q&A's with investors like you.

Best of luck on your investment,

Danny Barto
Mark is the Man he know Lake Nona ~!!
Good Afternoon, It all depends on your budget and what your investment goals are. That area is very popular so growth and demand are very strong. Town homes resales start around 120K and go up to 320K for a 5/3 SFH pool home.

Rental pricing starts at around 900/mo. and up for the townhomes and 1800/mo and up for some of the SFH's.

Because of Medical city, http://www.learnlakenona.com, growth is predicted to continue to increase over the next few years to keep up with demand.

I can also discuss the property management fee's associated with rental properties and some of the services included.

Here is a link to properties currently available in all of Lake Nona,:

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1811434…

I know that area well and live close by so I could better explain in detail over the phone about the great future of Lake Nona and what it has to offer investors.

Have a great day and call me anytime!

Brian Mahoney
Re/Max Town Centre
321-222-7801
848-448-0333
orlandodreamliving@gmail.com
http://www.orlandodreamliving.com
I don't know if you know this but Lake Nona is high end. Not very far away is Kissimmee where the homes are much cheaper. Since I don't exactly know what you are looking for, I coud be emphasizing the wrong thing.

I like townhomes and Single Family homes for investment purposes as long as the HOA is not too high in the townhome. townhomes are low maintenance to the investor while the single family homes need a little more TLC.

Contact me for more information.
The developer places strict limits on the number of units in Laureate Park that can be sold to investors. Only 10 in phase 1 and 10 in phase 1 and only the townhouse/duplex product.

You can buy a house if you want, but then it can not be rented for a year.

Personally i think that a house in Laureate Park with a 3 car garage and a one bedroom apartment aboce the garage would be a great investment. The same product in either Celebration or Baldwin Park would cost at least $600,000 today. You could buy one in Laureate park for under $450,000. Five years from now, all three will be worth the same and it won't be because Celebration and Baldwin Park go down in value.

Check my website for details on the various projects in Lake Nona and the surrounding area.
Let me follow up. I do have an investor who has followed the advice I gave above. I think he's going to be very happy in 5 years.
Flag Sun Apr 27, 2014
This is the greatest growth potential in Central Florida. Majority of homes you will find between the $200,000-$400,000. With resale homes being in $200,000 and new single family in the $300K+. There are condos you can find in the low $100s and sometimes under. New townhomes under $200,000. Would you like me to send you properties in this area? Email me at Chris@EastOrlandoNeighborhoods.com.
Dean is right! Lake Nona and its surrounding areas such as properties close to the brand new Medical City will work great as an investment as prices continue to increase due to market conditions. Prices will start in the mid 200's for townhomes and only get higher for single family homes. The POI are excellent in this area as well. Feel free to contact me at Veronica@TourofLakeNona.com

*ROI that is
Flag Mon Apr 8, 2013
I've worked heavily in Lake Nona over the last few months. Beware, investors can't rent out their properties for at least the first year after their purchase in some of the communities, such as Laureate Park. Getting with a good, proactive agent who is familiar with the area is key. I'd love to help. =)

Linda Jokbengboon
RE/MAX Town Centre
The whole area around there and Medical City will work as an investment. Great mid to long term growth expected. Email me deanking@iris-int.com if you would like me to put some properties together for you
And, how are the prices like?
Hi aktl,
Lake None is on fire!!
The Medical City area is VERY popular.
Anything primarily in that area is a good investment!
Be prepared that prices are on the rise!
If you would like help, please let me know.
You can check my recommendations on my profile!

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Flag Mon Apr 8, 2013