Leonjuarez, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

I need to see if I qualify for to buy a house

Asked by Leonjuarez, Chicago, IL Fri Feb 21, 2014

Answers

19
Leon,
If you have a local bank that you deal with or have had past loans with, they would be the ones to talk to about a loan for a home. Another good resource is a mortgage broker. I suggest that you call and make an appointment to sit down with a loan officer or mortgage broker to discuss your ability to buy a home. You will want to bring 2 current pay stubs, debt information for student loans, credit cards, car loans and installment accounts and you will need at least 2 years of tax returns (more if self-employed), statements for savings and checking accounts no more than 30 days old and some financial institutions will want retirement and investment account information. Your debt to income ratio will be important with the QRM standards that went into effect on 1/01/14. Once you have talked to them make sure you will feel comfortable with the amount they will loan you and the payment for your home. You may qualify for certain loan programs specifically tailored for first time home buyers or veterans. Be sure to find out your loan type, interest rate and amount you qualify for so when you find the REALTOR® you want to work with you will have all of this information to give him/her.
Hope this helps.
Debbie Shickel,GRI
Bishop Realty
459 Lee Jackson Hwy.
Staunton, Va. 24401
Licensed for Real Estate in the Commonwealth of Virginia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
Well then you really should not be here, you should be visiting with any licensed loan officer....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 21, 2014
Leon,

Talk to a Loan Officer in order to get pre qualified. The combination of your income, credit & down payment will determine your ability to qualify.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDLOANS.com
Si pero antes yo intentaria calificar para las ayudas de primeros compradores
There are a lot of options today. My company offers loan programs down to 580 credit scores. We also offer the highest debt-to-ratios (monthly debts against your gross income) available. I am local, have 10+ years experience and will help anyway I can.
Larry Bernstein
Carrington Mortgage
(847) 815-8229
Hello Leon, you should try to contact your local bank and speak to a mortgage specialist. They will run your credit history and ask your total income information and give you a range of how much mortgage you can afford. If you are not yet comfortable to share that information with anyone, you can pull a free credit report online to get an idea of your credit score and if you have clean credit history to get a sense if you can qualify.
Hello Leon,

You can go to my secured website 24/7 and apply for a mortgage and get a pre-approval (for qualifying borrowers) in 10 minutes, plus you will get $150 off your closing costs and free credit report for you to keep.

http://www.guaranteedrate.com/MaryKayLaurent

Mary Kay Laurent
Associate Vice President of Mortgage Lending
marykay.laurent@guaranteedrate.com

o: 773.516.6859 - m: 312.403.4150 - f: 773.328.1740
Leon,

Getting qualified is a really pain-free process. All I'd need to do is verify three things: Your credit, income and assets.

And if you don't have enough assets, we have access to special First Time Homebuyer programs that offer up to $10,000 in down payment assistance.

Give me a call.

Matt Bukovy
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Blueleaf Lending
773-416-7107
mbukovy@blueleaflending.com
Only way to find out is to talk to a lender. If you need a referral, I would be happy to provide some names.
The easiest way to do this is to sit down with a local mortgage lender and ask to be pre-approved. If you're not sure which lender would be a good one to speak with start by sitting down with an experienced local Realtor. (Several have replied below) and speak with them first they can suggest some to you. I tell my buyer clients that not all Lenders are a good fit for all buyers; which is why I like to speak with them first so that I can then point them in the right direction, I regularly use half a dozen local lenders for this very reason as each has different strengths and weaknesses.

You're going to want to find a good buyer broker to work with as well, I've attached a link at the bottom that will help you understand what to look for and the questions to ask when interviewing potential buyer brokers.

Good luck and happy house hunting.
Contact a few lenders to see what they offer. They do not charge to talk with them. My web site has some lender references
Whatever I can do to help. I have numerous mortgage banker connections.
Si necesitas un hipotecario de habla hispano llame Kelly Price, 773-501-6653.

Por favor dejarle saber que la recomende y suerte!
Leon,
Any lender's web site will have qualifying tools you can use. The harder part is being able to ask questions and get answers, specific to your needs. Most people prefer a live person to get the details right.
If you like the live in person idea, I am hosting Home Buyer Seminars this coming week in Rolling Meadows. There will be a Realtor, a Credit Restoration company, and a lender (myself) helping people with THEIR specific needs, live and in person.
Please email me back if you'd like to attend. Either Tuesday evening February 25th, or Saturday morning March 1st.
Dennis Baier
NMLS#198326
CrossCountry Mortgage
Hi Leon,

Now it is a great time to buy a home! Interest rates are still historically low; and home prices in some areas have fallen, making your dream home more affordable than ever.

Stonegate has a wide array of loan programs. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Angela Watkins
630-874-1403
Hello, Leon.

I am a local realtor and can refer you to a loan officer to see if you qualify for a mortgage.

Jennifer Tapia
ReMax 10
Hello Leon,

I would be happy to give you a free professional assessment. I would need to take a look at your income, assets, liabilities and creditworthiness to determine if you qualify. I work with over 40 different lenders to be able to provide more opportunities and the best possible financing. Feel free to contact me with questions, or to get started.

Ashley Pimentel
Market Place Mortgage
Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: (630) 217-7013
apimentel@marketplacemc.com
Hi Leon,

I, or any other experienced lender will be willing to work on getting you pre-approved. I can email info to get you started and if you have your basic financial documents available I can generally have you fully pre-approved the same day.

I'm available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I can do a full underwriting approval ahead of time if need be and I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage.

If you like my answer above, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:

http://www.loansfromrob.com/quote/
That is an important step, perhaps right after talking to a local Realtor and asking who they would recommend.