Oak_Park_Buy…, Home Buyer in Oak Park, IL

I'm looking for a general contractor for a 203K loan as part of a gut rehab in a 2 flat. Has anyone had any experience with contractors in Oak Park?

Asked by Oak_Park_Buyer, Oak Park, IL Sat May 26, 2012

Property details:
New roof
New porch
Refinished hardwood floors
New plumbing
New electrical
Renovate bathroom (tube, tile, sink, toilet, glass block windows)
Renovate kitchen (sink, flooring, cabinets, reposition refrigerator)
Re-do walls (repair plaster or add 3/4 drywall to all surfaces)

Answers

3
I've listed most of the new construction in Oak Park and Forest Park and worked with many contractors. I can give you 3 that have stellar reputations, and more importantly are still in the business. You should absolutely get 3 bids. CAll me at 708-935-6183.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Thanks April. I'll definitely give you a call. What days/times work best?
Flag Sun May 27, 2012
Yes, of course. Here is a number for a good 203K rehabber, lic. and bonded. Ask for Mr. Whitehead-773-517-4988. Give him my name, Connie Bernal P.S. It is important that if you are doing this type of solicitation you get a couple of quotes. And let them know that you are doing that. Good Luck.
Thanks for the suggestion Connie. I'll be sure to let Mr. Whitehead know that he comes recommended. Best.
Flag Sat May 26, 2012
No. Let me give you some advice. The banks 203K list may not include licensed and bonded tradesmen for Oak Park that pull permits. I have experienced owners that have been fined a lot of money in the tune of thousands of dollars for no permits by a licensed and bonded contractor.
Thanks for the advice John. I'll be sure to confirm that whomever we choose is pulling permits for all work. Great suggestion!
Flag Sat May 26, 2012