UTHorn, Real Estate Pro in ,

I'd like to transfer my rental properties to an LLC for liability protection. Do I need a lawyer or it's as simple as filing a quitclaim deed?

Asked by UTHorn, , Fri Jun 13, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


No attorney needed. Set up your LLC, then deed each one of your properties to a LAND TRUST, and then make the beneficiary of the trust your LLC. Talk about asset protection at it's finest. This will cost very little money ($300 for LLC+ $30 to record each deed into a land trust) You only NEED one LLC. Some folks like to have more but it just means more things to keep track of especially at tax time.

Russell Spillers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 17, 2014
I believe you should be able to take your LLC doc to the county of record.


Carrie Hiner
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 16, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer