A Property O…, Home Buyer in Kissimmee, FL

I'd like to buy a short term rental house at Regal Palms. I understand there's a management fee of $275. What's it for?

Asked by A Property Owner, Kissimmee, FL Thu Feb 28, 2013

I'd like to buy a short term rental house at Regal Palms. I understand there's a management fee of $275. What's it for? How about booking and cleaning fee? Who pays for the utilities? What is the average occupany rate there? How much money can you actually make per year after all the expenses?

Answers

6
A Property Owner’s answer
Thank you all for answering my questions and giving references to the very useful blogging site and other sites. Seems like long term rental is a lower-risk investment approach for someone like me who don't have time to do my own bookings.
Do read my blog on this topic: http://www.trulia.com/blog/mark_lemenager/2011/08/vacation_c…

Be wary of any company the "guarantees" rentals or bookings. Bottom line of STR is still pretty simple. It's a business and you must be personally involved in bookings to make money at it. if you are, then it can be a pretty good business.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 1, 2013
There are quite a number of property managers in the area. Each company has different fees and occupancy rate. I can give you their contact information. Just give me a call at 787-448-8698. Thanks,
Have to agree with Alan, there are better places.
best of luck with Regal Palms. there are better places
Sounds like you don't think Regal Palms is a good investment. Could you please let me know why? Thanks!
Flag Thu Feb 28, 2013
Hello! Thanks for all of your questions. You can call me at 407 567 8875 and I can answer your questions and concerns about Regal Palms. Every management company is different and can guarantee a different number of weeks per year rental. Give me a call with any questions, I hope to hear from you!

Stephanie Nicols
Watson Realty Corp
407 567 8875