zoilital, Home Owner in Hallandale, FL

I am 80 years old, I inherited a house wortn less than mortgage.

Asked by zoilital, Hallandale, FL Mon Feb 11, 2013

I am 80 years old, I inherit a house wortn less than mortgage.

Help the community by answering this question:


Sarah Garrett’s answer
Please contact Julie Garber, attorney for legal advice on inheritance laws regarding your newly acquired property. This will help you make the decisions that are necessary at this time.

Julie Garber, Becker and Poliakoff 239-552-3200, jgarber@becker-poliakoff.com

Thanks for the question.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2012" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
MLS Access
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
There a lot of input for you...people reaching out wanting to help..But, you never said if you wanted the place..I am not offering help but provided direction for you. I am in Southwest Florida, I believe you are in Broward County where I once lived.
if you want the house, I believe the only way for you to do it, is buy it back from the bank, but you won’t know about the liens on it and need to do a title search which costs money, or let the house go up on the distress market, hire an agent and try to buy it back ...Again...call 888-995-4673 speak with an expert about your individual situation also, if you want it, the suggestion of an attorney may be better than a real estate agent. I like the work, but my interest is you. I would think you are in retirement, and may just want to relax and enjoy life than be involved in what can be a stressful situation based on condition, lens, and upkeep.
Good Luck again
Ron Wolchesky

enjoy: http://pinterest.com/realtorronw/real-estate-in-southwest-fl…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
You might have inherited the house but you have no obligation on the mortgage as you did not sign the note for the mortgage. Was there an attorney who dealt with this inheritance? If so contact them! I would have the attorney deal with the bank as the lender may try to intimidate you. By no means would I sign any papers in regards to this property without seeking legal advice. If you like a quick market value on the home contact me and I will provide one for you if it is in this area so you can better understand your options.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
I recently handled a short sale for a gentleman in this exact situation. He inherited the property and the mortgage was higher than the market value of the home.

Please email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net if you would like for information on your options. I will be happy to discuss the situation with you at your convenience.


Terry McCarley, Realtor®, CDPE / American Brokers Realty Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013

If you would like to speak with someone who can try to answer your questions, please contact me. I can help you get in touch with the right people to help you work through this situation. Please email me at THOYT@prutropical.com with your contact information or contact me through my profile on Trulia. I can help you search the local records, and find an Agent to help you with the property.

You can also call me at 813-352-6219 if that is easier for you. No pressure, just help,

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
Hi Zoo, please check the property record for the status and then call the bank to get more details. Are you living there now?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
Hi Zoilital

It is possiblo you inherited nothing and the banks owns it, but do contact the bank and see what your options are.

Then I would call 888-995-4673 speak with an expert about your individual situation.

I hope this gives you some directions and i helped some.

Ronald Wolchesky
License in Florida
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 11, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer