hardevsoor, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

I am looking for a broker or agent who works exclusively with investors, I am looking for investment properties in Seattle area

Asked by hardevsoor, Seattle, WA Mon Aug 12, 2013

Answers

14
There's no shortage of opportunity here, hardevsoor. How much cash are you working with?
Why you want someone who works exclusively with investors? I have never been of the opinion that only understanding one part of business is an advantage. Back when I practiced bankruptcy law it was useful to represent debtors, creditors and trustees because I had to understand and research the issues from different viewpoints. That helped me anticipate issues that would arise.

More to the point, I've had listings that attracted mainly investor types, and it's always surprised me how little some of the agents seem to know about what a seller is looking for in an offer. Remember, the goal isn't to be the highest offer, it's to be the best offer--the accepted offer! If you're a buyer you don't need your agent to understand your business--that's your job. What you need is an agent who understands what the seller is likely to want, or more importantly, what is likely to turn off a seller to your offer. Your goal is to have the offers you make on properties accepted, and an agent who only represents investor buyers is less likely to know how to accomplish that task.

Just as a couple of examples. An offer that has no inspection contingency might be less attractive to a seller than an offer that has the Form 35 inspection contingency attached with the right to inspect waived. And if your offer is a cash offer, having a very clear and non-questionable document indicating proof of funds is likely to be very important to the seller. Someone who only represents investor buyers isn't likely to understand those things, and that means their clients' offers are less likely to be accepted.
I didn't notice that anyone suggested you were a newbie investor, but the fact that you are not is an additional reason you don't need an agent who works exclusively with investors.

One other thing to consider: An agent representing multiple investors sees a new listing. What do they do then? Which clients do they send the listing to and in what order? What do they do if more than one client wants to make an offer?

With the limited inventory in the Seattle area right now, those are real problems the agent is likely to face.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 14, 2013
Thank you all for your overwhelming response. I will contact you. Just FYI, I'm not a newbie investor.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
8/30/2013 hardevsoor...how is the search for the investment properties progressing ? Do you need any additional asisstance ?- thanks ...
Dave Skow - WA MLO #278613
Eagle Home Mortgage
w 206 714 9745
dskow@eaglehomemortgage.com
Flag Fri Aug 30, 2013
Good morning Harde,
Please read Kary's response.
-
Kary,
That was an exceptional response, well thought out and comprehensive.
-
Your question suggests you are looking for an agent who will do all the ground work to meet your objective of a 12% return, for instance. At that point you want to start your negotiations.
-
Please take a moment to expand on the expectations you have.
As Kary implied, sellers value the ASSURANCE of closing greatly. How that assurance is presented is golden.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
(Your real estate consultant)
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
I agree with almost what everyone has said & could almost repeat what Kary said verbatim. What you want to do is hire one broker to work with you since you are expecting a lot of leg work from them. What you want to look for in a broker is diversity & at least 10 years of experience. I also happen to be a loan officer as well which gives me more knowledge.

I would suggest, that as a buyer, you Google every agent that responds to your question here on Trulia, learn as much as you can about who they are online, read their client testimonials, so you know what their clients are saying about them, and then give us each a call and just ask us why we think you should work with us instead of another agent. This will take you a little while to do, but will be time well spent, as choosing the right agent is the first step towards choosing the right investment. Then, pick the best fit for you and let them go to work for you with the skill and knowledge that they have. I hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Kary's response was spot on!!
"investors" are buyers, and also sellers of real estate. All agents work with investors. If you're implying commercial or multi-family skills are needed, then that will narrow the field of agents. It would be helpful to know what skills and experience you need? I work with both residential and commercial clients, but I limit my real estate practice to certain types of properties. More details would be appreciated.
Always interview a few brokers to see which one firs your style and has similar ideas. I've been dealing primarily with investors for 9+ years but I will help a homeowner on occasion. 206.919.2484
Our team has a broker who deals exclusively with investment properties. You can contact me directly or contact my team at: http://www.nwhomesearch.com.

Regards.
Bert
Don't limit yourself to an agent that only works with investors. The best agent will be diversified...witb a concentration on a particular area or type of realty.
Please call me at 206-420-7854.
Hello there,

While I can't say my team and I only work with investors, we do have a plethora of investor experience, connections, and resources at our disposal. We've been involved in every phase of the game from flipping to investing to lending, and beyond. If you're receptive, I think you'd benefit from a meeting with our team to hear how we find homes for our investors.

Thank you
Give me a call, I would like to help you.
There are a number of options regarding the type of investment you are looking for.
206 954 5739
George Brain
Real Estate Broker
http://www.brayerhomes.com