Investor Cal…, Home Buyer in California

How much could a 5 BR, 3 BA , 2600-2700 SQ FT RENT FOR IN VAL VISTA LAKES?

Asked by Investor California, California Fri Apr 26, 2013

Trying to assess the Investment Opportunity from an Appreciation, Cash Flow and Rental Standpoint for Val Vista Lakes. Can a Property Manager give me a Range for Rent, Rental Desirability, Appreciation Potential for a Home in VVL. Clubhouse is outstanding! How would VVL compare to Seville, Islands, Agritopa. What is the Best time to find a tenant? What would be an average DOM for a VVL rental assuming it is priced fairly.? Thanks

Answers

3
June’s answer
If I were you I will contact a local property manager to work with. Responses here are not going to be the best way to go. Generally good property managers are not going to do all this work for you for free. Same thing with Realtors, the ones you see giving their work here for free are generally not the best in the business.
Also, consider vacancy rates. My daughter is renting a comparable for $1300/month for the last year, but is looking for a better deal. The market is quite full of rentals and renters are getting picky about condition and amenities of the property and some owners are experiencing vacancy rates now that effecitvely lower their overall average monthly net, so you need to maintain an adequate cash reserve for maintenance, security, insurance, taxes, etc. if vacant.
Depends on what the other features are, how it's marketed, and how quickly you wanted it rented. Although Val Vista Lakes is a desirable subdivision to live in, rents peak near $2,000 p/m. Unless it's on the water and is a single-level home, don't expect to generate more than that.