rps, Home Buyer in Emeryville, CA

How is the rental market in north Sacramento / Natomas area ? How much is typical $/sq. ft rent ? Any property management companies recommended?

Asked by rps, Emeryville, CA Mon Apr 22, 2013

Investor looking at properties to be rented out.

Answers

6
Around $1/sqft. The hard part at this point in the market is getting in contract and closing at a price point that still makes investment sense.
If you need any further assistance on property searches and property previews let me know.

DRE#01324382
Natomas 95833 will be a smidgen higher than North Sacramento 95838.
Here is what we receive on our single family house rentals in 95838:
3/2 with a one car garage, big fenced yard. 1100 sq feet $1100
2/1 with a two car garage, big fenced yard 950 sq feet $950
2/1 one car garage, big fenced yard 900 sq feet $895
2/1 no garage, , big fenced yard 850 square feet $850

all have ch & A, they stay rented,We pay wsg which runs about $100 to $125 depending on the season, and the tenants water usage.. sq ft approx. For all four, we pay a little under $4k in property tax and city fees almost $2k for insurance. Maintenance averages about $1k to $1400 per year. Just did my taxes so its fresh on my mind: Gross rent for the four $45K all operating expenses = $12k, net ebitda = $33K. My wife manages them, so i pay her with compliments and thank yous, but I should really be paying her $400 per month for pm.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
I am a property manager for Lyon Real Estate and the rental market is good in Sacramento.
The average rents go for about $1 per sq ft +/- on the neighborhood and the property. Natomas is booming.
Let me know if you are looking to rent or to find a renter.
Nancy Bergman
Realtor - Lyon Short Sale Certified
Property Manager
DRE # 01893550
Lyon RE Downtown
http://www.sachomesbynancy.com
You just might want to google for property management companies;
I believe Sacramento Delta, Homepointe, and others operate in Natomas region.

You should do your due diligence.
Talk to the person who will manage the property. Find out whether they show after hours, on weekends, etc. How much do they charge for repairs ? Are they going to help you if tenant defaults on the rent and needs to be evicted. etc.

Hope that helps,

James Tan
Bethany Real Estate

BTW, I am not recommending any property management companies, I just listed the 2 as an example only.
I would also recommend the Property Management division of Lyon. Typically, rent runs on average- $1 per sq. ft., but some mgmt companies can get you more-vs. you going it alone. And some areas will be less as the area's quality may be less. Natomas is generally an "average" value area.
Lyon Real Estate has several property managers within the company. They would be able to go over your rent rates. If you are interested, please send me your contact information so I can have them call you to discuss further.
Please contact me @ 503-360-4766.
Flag Mon Apr 22, 2013