Matt, Real Estate Pro in Southfield, MI

Hire company to lower property taxes?

Asked by Matt, Southfield, MI Sun Dec 30, 2012

Hey Detroit,

I own several investment properties in Detroit and the property taxes appear to be a bit high for their sales price.

I know sales price isn't the only factor involved in the tax assessment, but b/c I live several hundred miles away, it would be simpler to pay a professional who specializes in this sort of work -- that I can count on to get the job done correctly -- rather than take the time to learn the process, appear in person, etc.

So... anyone have any recommendations?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Matt

It's good that you are seeking professional help with this issue. My experiences as a Property Manager and investor in the city of Detroit have allowed me to observe others make big mistakes seeking quick fixes from shady sources. It is always prudent to go about things the right way the first time.

Try Harold Hoyt of Professional Property Tax Appeals 586-552-8990. I've found him to be competent and very experienced in these matters.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

All the best,

Kevin Flowers
Discount Detroit/Reliant Property Management
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Kevin. I'll mention your name as the referral agent.
Flag Sun Dec 30, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer