Adam Glassman, Home Buyer in Yonkers, NY

Have a lead on a porperty on Carrel Blvd in Oceanside, LI. Need some insight on what is going on over there. Let me know where to contact you.

Asked by Adam Glassman, Yonkers, NY Sat Feb 16, 2013

Answers

4
It is called Oceanside for a reason.

Oceanside is completely rebuilt as of July 2013 and values are back at pre-sandy values. There were some very good values to be had from Jan 2013 till like May 2013. I hoped you nabbed a bargain.

Most owners did extras while they had walls down and homes look better.

For instance I gutter my lower level and while I was at it moved walls and added upgrades I never would have done. Oceanside is not like Long Beach very few rental homes and vacation homes mainly primary residences. Folks either had flood insurance or got 31,900 payout from FEMA, it is zone AE so no homes had to be raised.

Oceanside is a HUGE value, great schools and great commute and low taxes and NEW inexpensive homes. My home is much better than pre-sandy. BUY BUY BUY
I grew up on Carrel Blvd and know the area well. Your question is a bit vague. What specifically is your concern? Are you considering buying a property in "As Is" condition that has been damaged or is property going to be restored? Sandy did hit this waterfront neighborhood pretty hard. Many homeowners are still yet to decide if they will be repairing their home for sale or if they will stay a little longer. The history of this neighborhood has not seen flood damage on this scale EVER before. The property values were anywhere from $450,000 to $750,000 for most homes in the area. Open bay property may have higher values. Of course, the future of the marketplace for this neighborhood is still undetermined. As a Realtor, I think values will remain steady as they have been in the past. The benefit for most buyers is that they will ultimately end up with a home full of NEW features for the same price as an original condition home before October 29, 2013.
Adam, this area was hit pretty hard by Sandy. Most homes had flooded basements and partially flooded first floors. There are a few for sale that have gutted basements and first floors sold as is and some that are already renovated. Let me know if you need help with anything. Mike Galicia 516 946 1016 Century 21 American Homes, Oceanside, NY
I can be reached at 516-375-7727. Everything depends on the condition of the home. Call whenever you are available. I currently have listings for sale on Carrel Blvd.