Tonia242, Other/Just Looking in Orlando, FL

Can non us citizen buy a condo in orlando?

Asked by Tonia242, Orlando, FL Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

8
Yes, as a foreign investor with about 30% down payment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi Tonia,

Regarding your question, the answer is yes!!!

Anyone may buy a home in the USA.

If you need any help, please feel free to cal me.

Good luck!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Sure , no problem. I help buyers fron non US countries every day of the week :)

Please have alook at my website for testimonials fro fols in UK,Canada and other non US countries

http://www.frontlinefloridarealty.com/Testimonials

call or text your e mail address to 407 832 4888 or e mail alan@frontlinefloridarealty.com and I will help you too

All the best

Alan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Absolutely! 26% of all international sales happen in the state of Florida. Be sure to consult an attorney and your accountant to ensure all of your t's are crossed and your i's are dotted. Research FIRPTA - Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act so you're prepared if you decide to resell the property in the future. Good luck!

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115

http://www.Realty2Reality.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Hi Tonia, a non-US citizen may purchase residential property in all 50 states. If your purchase depends on applying for a domestic mortgage, you will encounter challenges unless you can demonstrate U.S. credit history. There are mortgage lenders that will finance for international buyers, but not many. They will require a higher than standard down payment.

When/if you sell the U.S. property, 10% of the net proceeds from the sale will be witheld by the title company and reported to the IRS. This is done to prevent foreign property owners from making a profit from the sale (capital gains) without paying tax to the US on the capital gain.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Thank you, does this also apply for the investment condos eg vacation rental.
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Hello Tonia,

Yes, you can buy a condo in Orlando; there are no penalties for foreign buyers. Keep in mind to pay your taxes; and you are good. Now on the backside when you decide to sell your property; you will be bound to FIRPTA which holds 10% of the Sales Price of your sale from your net proceeds. This is done to ensure that you have paid all the correct taxes while owning property here in the US. Let me know your search criteria for a condo; and I can help.

James Williams
RE/MAX Premier Properties
321-402-6261
jameswilliamsiii@me.com
http://www.jameswilliamsiii.remax.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Yes. Let me know if I can help purchasing your new condo.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Of course, it happens every day. You got the cash, you can buy in the US.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012