Capital Inve…, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Any one had experience in investing vacant lots in Poinciana, FL?

Asked by Capital Investor, Orlando, FL Thu Aug 1, 2013

With prices going up, I am considering making a speculative bet in buying vacant lot and acreage in Poinciana. Will that be a good move?

Answers

5
Vacant lots/land have been very depressed for the last five years. Owners are willing and ready to sell because they have to pay the Association of Poinciana Dues (approx $240/year) and taxes on the land each year. You also have to maintain your lot by bush hogging and mowing frequently. I would suggest that unless you want to build a home on a lot in Poinciana that you do not buy at this time for an investment. Call PIONEER Realty, and talk to Ed Sims. He's been there for decades and knows the exact situation about land in Poinciana. His number is: 407-957-5478.
As any investment, some basic work needs to be done.

First, you should check the zoning on whatever piece of land that you purchase. The reasoning behind this is that some land can't be built on.

Next, I would check if there is an association. This could add to your costs as well. Poinciana has one of the largest associations in Florida. http://www.polk-county.com/cities/poinciana/

If you haven't contacted a local agent, it would be in your best interest to have them provide you a CMA for land or a few similar pieces of land prior to investing.
Great time to purchase vacant land in Poinciana. New Hospital, I-4 connection project started and newly approved Fl Tpke extension in Southport, Poinciana. Vacant land still priced low and construction is picking up. Now is the time to pick up vacant land while prices are still low! Call me with any questions, 407-572-4040.
Thanks for the reply.

My plan is to buy them and wait for them to appreciate (hopefully within my life time), so in theory, there should be no tax consequence until I sell as I do not plan to deduct any of the expenses associated with it until I sell the property.
Hard to say. Would have to consider your income tax benefits and as you are Canadian, not sure how raw land would be treated. Check with your accountant.