Debbie, Home Buyer in Hertford, NC

yes, I would like to know what it is like to live in Green Valley South? Are all the house in Nevada so darned close together?

Asked by Debbie, Hertford, NC Thu Nov 8, 2012

? Are there any newer houses with 1/4, 1/3, or 1/2 acre lots, AND a swimming pool for under $325K?

Answers

9
Frank Nason’s answer
If you search 601-606 that covers Henderson and use 10,000 s.f. or larger lots, with a pool, and SFR priced at or under $325k you end up with 45 properties NOT under contract. Some are older some are newer in places like Anthem that have relatively high HOA fees so there are trade-offs when you are looking for your ideal home.

You really need to find an agent you can develop a rapport with and work with her/him to help you find a property. 18 months ago I would have killed for a buyer client; today I would rather have seller clients although most of my clients are currently buyers so if you accept my business model you work with the clients you have regardless of their status.

Numerous agents won't represent you unless you are purchasing a property of X value or they tack on a buyer premium ranging from $350-900 depending upon the brokerage. We don't charge those fees but you need to be aware of them if you are a consumer.

I just found a buyer client a condo for $62k that they purchased for $3k under list and it wasn't a short sale or REO so they are stoked. However I had to write 14 purchase agreements and had to look at another 15+ properties before we found the successful transaction.

So as a prospective client with any real estate representative you have to understand the frustrations they are going through along with you in the eratice/chaotic market that is Las Vegas.
The houses are all close together even with homes costing $500,000 or more. You will not find newer homes or even older homes 1/2 acre lots and swimming pools for $325 or under. If you want a 1/2 acre lot or so, you need to look at homes built in the late '70's or early '80's.
Hi Debbie,

Having lived in Atlanta Georgia, I understand where you're coming from. You're used to big homes on huge lots. Certain older areas of Green valley do have larger lots, but not as large as the lot sizes you're use to. Green Valley has tons of Parks, Walking trails, shops, restaurants and so much more. I love living here and raising my family here. If you need any more information about Las Vegas or Henderson areas please feel free to contact me.

Robert Morganti
http://www.robmorganti.com
rob@robmorganti.com
702-540-3775
Hello Debbie,

Green Valley is a great place to live and has a wonderful sense of community. I've made it home for the past 13 years. I walk my children to school, the park, the library, movies, concerts and shopping. It's a great place for an active lifestyle but moves at a pace where you can enjoy life.

Yes, we often build our homes a little closer together than they do back East. We like to know what the neighbors are barbecuing so we can pop over at the right time. But seriously, we do have homes on larger lots; they are often harder to come by. Our market has been dynamic to say the least and our inventory is low. Don't let that discourage you. Persistence will pay off!

If you'd like to learn more about Green Valley, I'd love to share my experience here. Feel free to contact me at (702) 324-2920 or visit my website http://www.WelcomeHomeGreenValley.com

Michael Duran
Realty ONE Group®
(702) 324-2920 voice/text

michael@WelcomeHomeGreenValley.com
Hi Debbie,
I found two homes with pools in Green Valley that were built in 1993 and 1994 respectively that are listed for under $325,000 with lots just over 10,000 sq. ft. but nothing newer than that. There are very few homes in Green Valley and the areas south (Seven Hills, Anthem, Green Valley Ranch) with larger lots and pools that fall into your price range. Most of the newer homes in Las Vegas and Henderson were built during the boom years in subdivisions with relatively small lots. If you want a newer home on a larger lot, you are looking at spending a minimum of $400,000 and probably considerably more than that.

The Green Valley area is considered one of the most popular areas to live. Homes in Las Vegas/Henderson neighborhoods are in very short supply right now and our inventory is historically low, making it a challenge to even find a home on a smaller lot in your price range.

I know the southeast very well as it is where I both live and work. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at (702) 321-0131 or sffeller1@gmail.com and I will be very happy to help you find a home that would work for you.

Susan Frush-Feller, SFR, CDPE
Robert Realty
1021 Seven Hills Drive
Henderson, NV 89052
Phone: (702) 321-0131
Email: sffeller1@gmail.com
Website: sffeller.las.mlxchange.com
Hello Debbie,
Green Valley South is one of the best place to live in Henderson-close to parks, shopping, restaurants, schools and even to the famous Las Vegas Strip.You can do some search on all active listings in http://lasvegasforsalehomes.com, by entering your criteria-price range, number of bedroom, bathroom, lot size, pool, car garages and etc. and see pictures on the houses and where they located on the map. When you like house, you can schedule showing.
I will be happy to assist your family find your home.
Have a great day

Aneta Ivanova
Broker sales person, Realtor, CDPE, OICP
Aneta_Ivanova29@yahoo.com
702-306-4917
When I moved to Green Valley in 1981I couldn't find a taxi at the airport to take me there because it was 'too far' and there wouldn't be any return fares. Lot sizes were certainly larger but I just pulled up 30 active listings with pools on at least 1/4 acre in the Henderson/Green Valley area (west of US-95).

Four were built since 2000. Of the 30 only 6 do not currently have offers and all 4 of the newer homes are currently under contract, however, since they are all short sales they might get put back on the market.

Being a buyer right now will take a lot of patience on your part and a knowledgeable real estate agent to represent your interests. As of this morning there was only 1.7 months of supply of single family homes in the entire metropolitan area so inventory is quite low.
Actually Green Valley has bigger land parcels than other sections of the city. It is an older neighborhood so the plats are bigger. Most newer homes are even closer between homes. Older homes in unincorporated area of the city will be zoned for horses and you can get big plats of land. I don't know, however, if you can get 1/3 to one-half of an acre plus a swimming pool for under $325,000. The price, I believe would be around $450. The only place you can find a price for everything you want is in Pahrump or Overton. Both are about 65 miles from Las Vegas. Pahrump is towards California and Overton is towards Utah.

It is very nice to live in Green Valley. It is near everything and the people are nice.
Yes. There are a few just really depends when the house was built. I can provide a list of what is available in Green Valley. Many are close together and bigger lots are harder to find.