In My Neighborhood in 94965>Question Details

Sylvia Schae…, Home Buyer in Davis, CA

would like to know about the micro climate of 330 Donahue Street...foggy most of the time? some sun?, etc. thank you!

Asked by Sylvia Schaefer, Davis, CA Mon Apr 23, 2012

I'm a neighbor of 330 Donahue, I live up the street a bit. I bought my house over 10 years ago and have seen many seasons! I also work in SF, so I can compare the climates.

The fog here is similar to Sausalito, but not as foggy as San Francisco. We benefit from our location situated below the ridge of the Headlands, and yet still several hundred feet above sea level. The ridge holds back a lot of fog that otherwise rolls straight through the Golden Gate and blankets the city. We're also high enough to rise above low lying fog.

Fog season here is summer through early fall. Other times of the year here fog is not common. The amount of fog during fog season varies quite a bit year by year. Some years we've had lots of foggy days, and other years almost no fog at all. When it comes, usually it rolls in but clears up at some point in the day and is not a perpetual state.

For me, the spectacular views we have up here more than make up for foggy days. I have take many snapshots of the dramatic dream-like fogscapes that billow and flow across Mt Tam and over the hills.

Hope this helps!
The area will get cloud cover but not as much in the fog as one might believe. Stunning views from some of those units! The southern part of Sausalito will become much thicker with fog in the early morning and late afternoon. If it is a real concern and you want to stay out of potential fog, I can provide you with some other terrific options.

Mixed bag, really. Usually more sun than fog and can have great views.

Let me know if I can help further.

Kevin Cullen 415.860.6039
Web Reference: