msmichivy, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL

why is there so much crime here. is it just in this town, or in Miami generally because that's very scary to know that Miami has the most chances of?

Asked by msmichivy, Miami Beach, FL Thu Dec 27, 2012

violent crimes

Hi, I've been living in South Beach for 7 years and I never had a problem or felt insecure. Every city has some sort of crime the difference is that South Beach is very small that is why it could be more noticeable when something happens. I only know crimes can happen more if you are late out at night drinking or during certain holidays like Memorial Day Weekend.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
The police in South Beach are excellent . Everyone is out walking around late at night. I have never felt threatened.
Flag Sun Jan 27, 2013
Miami is not worse than most of the big cities in US. Miami is around 45th worst city when it comes to crime rates.

Selda Kirkan
Licenced Real Estate Agent
South Beach International Realty
1680 Meridian Avenue #102
Miami Beach,FL
Cell: (954) 305 6424
Yes, Miami, like most major metropolitan areas, have a high level of crime. Crime, obviously, can happen anywhere in Miami. If you are looking to buy or lease a condo or house, it is important that you align yourself with a realtor that can give you more precise statistics and insight on the best places to live. Miami can be a wonderful place to enjoy and create lasting memories.

Jasmin Thelemaque
Brosda & Bentley Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
In our experience, South Beach only really has petty crimes. Violent crimes are more prevalent to the west of 95 or in at risk neighborhoods.
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.