Preston, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

why is the house so cheap?is itsafe?

Asked by Preston, Los Angeles, CA Tue Jul 24, 2012

Answers

3
Viento’s answer
I have lived in the area over 15 years. The house is close to a high school, so after every game, expect graffiti in various properties. The area is somewhat undesirable even when York has improved quite a bit. Most properties do not have adequate parking, so expect to walk a good distance, and lately there have been a lot of hit an run incidents on cars parked in the street, not to mention that vehicles get broken into frequently (rails, antenas, logos, towing, storage and bike racks and porno drawings on windows. The most bothersome to me is that every weekend, starting Friday nights, there is loud noise, I would not call it music because it seems that the bands playing are really bad and the kareoke is worst. Police do not enforce noise abatement, property vandalism, nor traffic collisions.

Before you decide to buy, talk to some homeowners, make sure you check out the area, Friday/Saturday nights as you will need to endure loud music, people singing/laughling loudly, fireworks, car racing, and if you see 4-6 youth running, get out of their way and take cover= gang activity in the street, and make sure you check area crime statistics.

Remember you get what you paid for! Honestly, if I could afford to move, I would move out.
Ask a local Realtor to do a broker's price opinion on the property for you ,you can always talk to the local police department to get an idea of the safety of the neighborhood,good luck !
Hi Preston,

Safety could be a factor, but condition and seller motivation could also be other factors.
Have your REALTOR or agent to a comparable market analysis, that will be one of the ways to see if it's priced under market.

Monica Hernandez
Bankers Realty Exclusive, Inc
310-293-3335
DRE Lic #01239118