Joy, Home Buyer in Hayward, CA

why in every property I know or have lived in is described incorrectly with incorrect amount of bedrooms bathrooms and most of all...price.?

Asked by Joy, Hayward, CA Thu Aug 4, 2011

CANYON COUNTRY CLUB PALM SPRINGS YOU LIST $199,999. THEY ARE $400,000 MORE THEN THAT SOME A MILLION.

Answers

1
I can comment as to why prices are being incorrectly reported.

As to bedrooms being reported incorrectly, that information is taken directly for county tax records if the agent doesn't take the time to change the information in the MLS the bedroom number will show incorrect. Some homes and condos here in the desert were built with x number of bedrooms, if any changes are made to the property the legal bedroom count changes because of the change in building codes since being built.

For example many condos were built with atriums which allowed the connected room to be called a bedroom. Under today's building code, once that atrium is removed or converted to another usable room, you lose the ability to call the adjoining room a bedroom.

Legally a bedroom must have a closet, a door and access to the outside that is no higher than 44 inches from the ground. In some cities your access to the outside must be unencumbered allowing you to get at least 100ft from the building.

Hope this answers your question, if I can answer anything else for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Make it a great day,

Ed
Web Reference: http://www.edbrophy.com