msmichivy, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL

why cant you show more pictures just because its owned by the bank doesn't mean that you can not show any pictures for people to see the house?????

Asked by msmichivy, Miami Beach, FL Thu Dec 27, 2012

Answers

7
One image is a GREAT strategy.
Only SERIOUS buyers will submit offers.
Serious offers know what is involved with bank owned.
Serious buyers of bank owned homes will be working with a pro.
Serious buyers know what their offer must contain.
Serious buyers of bank owned real estate make clinical decisions, not emotional ones.

As you can see....this strategy WORKS.
If you are serious, you will be working with a pro and get all the images you want.
It an exceptional screening strategy that shakes those who are not serious.
Lots and lots of home are sold to the right folks with one image.

Lazy...I doubt it.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
In my experience there are many investors who make offers on listings without images (I have at least 3-4 of them out as we speak). In fact, I have purchased, rented, and re-sold a number of units without the initial Buyer stepping foot inside of the unit. If it is a newer high-rise, both the broker and investor know the typical build-outs and don't actually have to see it in order to make an offer. That being said, it is certainly a good idea to take a look and conduct an inspection shortly after receiving an executed contract on the property. While I would not say that it is a "strategy that works" as a broker I prefer the listings without images - better yet, ones without images that cannot be shown prior to submitting an offer due to tenant occupancy. Most people will not call them (including a large number of buyers who are qualified and may actually be interested) making it easier for us to buy them at a lower price.
Flag Mon Oct 7, 2013
Actually, it doesn't work at all! All buyers do not want to waste their time and Realtors feel the same. Investors can make decisions to not waste time if they can easily see photos showing the property. They can see the photos and decide based on them if they want to go out and see the property.
Flag Fri Dec 28, 2012
I believe that the listing agents should show more pictures. The reason that they don't is that they feel the public will be turned off or discouraged by the appearance of a lot of the bank owned properties. I personally feel that it is better to show the public what they are up against rather than have them go to the trouble of going to see the property sight unseen.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
This seems to be a common issue here in California as well. The issue here is with a lazy Real Estate agent. Our local MLS now requires a minimum of one photo or the agent can be fined! It is our responsibility to represent our clients to the best of our ability and posting one photo or worse no photo is a complete shame! When you see a posting with no photo, please be sure to look at the listing agent name and never do business with them!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
Is there a particular property that you would like more pictures or information on? I would be more than happy to email you any information available on a particular property.

Jasmin Thelemaque
Brosda & Bentley Realtors
(786)356-2500 Mobile
jasmin@JasminSellsMiami.com
http://www.JasminSellMiami.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Working with a Realtor IS the best way to purchase a property, however, we know that a vast majority of people who decide to make a purchase start searching on the internet and the more pictures of a property, the more interest the property generates. Having one or no photos is NOT a good way to market a property!
Rather than simply relying on pictures why not work with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information; keep in mind that some of those properties may not show well in pictures.....
I've found it could be laziness or a marketing strategy, we've experienced so much of both in my area...Limited access to the home could be a reason as well.

Chris