In My Neighborhood in 95713>Question Details

Timothy L Be…, Home Buyer in Sparks, NV

why are the property taxes so high on this mobile home?

Asked by Timothy L Bennett, Sparks, NV Sun Jun 5, 2011

Answers

5
More importantly make sure the home has an engineered certification and a 433a HCD California documentation certification if you are tying to secure an FHA/VA/CAL VET loan.
Tim,
Thank-you for the additional info sent directly to me.

To update the "mobile" is a newer mfg home on 8 acres in an area that is more newer custom homes than mfg. homes. The current tax rate is reflective of a values back in the hey day, over $400,000. now currently listed at 249K, so taxes for new owner will be less when the property is re-assessed.
In California, they can be taxed by the state or county/city. As Teri indicates, more information is needed about the mobile home to provide answers!
Hi Timothy,
The link to the mobile home didn't show up, can you give us an address? Some of the mobiles in our area are on owned land, if I have the address I can help you or the property tax info you are looking at to see if it is correct or not.
Is it a rental or resident owned park?