In My Neighborhood in 97739>Question Details

Rose Bunch, Home Buyer in Plano, TX

where is the nearest airport?

Asked by Rose Bunch, Plano, TX Fri Nov 12, 2010

Answers

6
Keith Petersen’s answer
You can also fly into Eugene, Oregon and take Hwy 58 over to LaPine. Might be a bit more pricy than Portland in airfare but sometimes worth the check. It is also a beautiful drive to get to LaPine and a bit less traffic.
If you are flying into Central Oregon with a private plane then Sunriver is closest to the zip code you provide - however many use the Bend airport - for commerical flights Redmonds Oregon - which is RDM is the closest but most of the time folks find it much more affordable to fly into Portland (PDX) rent a car and drive the 4 hours - it is all country - mounatin driving so if you are not accustom to driving in the snow that may not be advisable - obviously I live here - and am not just looking on google - let me know if I can help you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 12, 2010
apparently Robert visited La Pine some time ago, although at one time La Pine was full of retiree's and it still has it's fair share... La Pine has grown enough to now have 2 elementary schools - which indicates more families have moved into the area.
Hello Rose,

Portland (PDX) is 4 hours by car. Redmond is 1 hour north on hiway 97. For small private planes, Bend ariport is 40 minutes north, the sall airport is east of Bend.

La Pine is a quiet small town with lots of retirees, and is very affordable. When the economy picks up, prices will spike up.
From the 97739 Zipcode you can catch an airport in Bend or Run River or Crescent Lake according to Google. Roberts Field in Redmond, OR is the closest larger airport though.
Since no exact beginning location is given, you may wish to ask your question again, or, consider a Google search, Google Maps, ask any locals, or ask your agent, etc.