Ligia, Home Buyer in Plano, TX

what's the noise level when the train passes by? how many times a day?

Asked by Ligia, Plano, TX Sun Nov 11, 2012

Answers

3
Ligia,
Did you move into the neighborhood? What do you think if the train noise now? It's my primary concern as the tracks are very close to the house we're considering. Probably will not buy, but appreciate the discussion here and the idea of asking the neighbors around the house for sale.
David
We have not moved yet. Just finished with arquitect the plans.
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014
Ligia,

Stonebriar Country Club is a wonderful community with easy access to 121 and Spring Creek, and yes, there's a train track about a quarter of a mile away. I would suggest visiting the property and do you reseach as everyone has different opinion about noise level. You'll probably need to do your research on different times of the day and don't forget to ask people who live in the area. I'd be happy to assit you further if you are not currently working with a realtor. Feel free to call me at 469-371-2899.

Best of luck,

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Morning Ligia,

The noise level obviously varies based on the location of the home. Just recently a friend of mine who lives near rail road tracks mentioned she no longer hears the noise and ii is therefore not an issue for her family. It might be difficult to find a detailed and accurate train schedule as you are deailing not only with passenger but a host of freight train operators. It is my understanding that freight trains do not necessarily run on a schedule.

If you really like the house and you think you can overcome the noise factor, be mindful not to overpay for the house. Sitting next to a rail road is a deterrent from a resale point of view

If I can be of help in your real estate search. Call 972.697.3106.

Susanne Anson
Ebby Halliday Realtors - Coit.
972.697.3106
Susanne@ansonteam.com
Morning Ligia,

I came across this question and wanted to add some as I live in The Colony. My subdivision is called The Legends and we are Directly next to the tracks as well.

I Live about 500ft from where the active track is and the noise to me is nominal. However I have lived here many years and I may be accustomed to the noise.

The neighbors that live in the homes surrounding the one for sale are the best source of info on the train noise. Feel free to canvas the neighborhood and ask the residents. Also you can obtain the train schedules from the rail line. There is a train that uses the tracks around 3am everyday but I haven't heard it unless I am up at that hour.

Good Luck with your home Search

Allen Martinez
Texas Realtor
Halo Group Realty
214.392.256
http://www.facebook.com/allenmartinezrealtor
http://www.allenjmartinez.com
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013