Berkeley Art…, Home Buyer in San Diego County, CA

what's it like to live in oceanside or carlsbad if you come from cosmopolitan arts/learning center Berkeley?

Asked by Berkeley Artiste, San Diego County, CA Mon Jul 26, 2010

Answers

6
Living in Oceanside or Carlsbad and being so close to San Diego you can get the best of both worlds. The nice, peaceful living of smaller costal cities and you are only 30-45 minutes to San Diego where you can find a lot of what a city like Berkeley has to offer. I lived in Europe and Ventura County for many years and I am happy to say that I love San Diego County.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 27, 2010
I live in Oceanside and I love it! I am married with 6 children and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else but in beautiful Oceanside! We have a pier, airport, 3 miles of beautiful beach, amazingly rated schools and a booming economy! Oceanside has a long history with arts and theater. I 'm originally from Chicago but joined the Marine Corps in 2002 and have been in Oceanside ever since!
oceanside in my oponin i live here since i was 4 i love it here the beach surfing its lovely
Both Oceanside and Carlsbad are close to La Jolla (home of UCSD, a great learning center) and down town San Diego. You can take the Coaster (train) down town and be there in about 35 minutes. You might look into Leucadia and Encinitas areas as well, they both attract artist. One of the best things about North San Diego Coastal communities is that you are close to a number of things. You have the beach of course but you are only about 50 minutes to Orange County, Carlsbad has a commuter airport if you are going to AZ or shorter destinations, the Museum of Making Music is in Carlsbad http://www.museumofmakingmusic.org/ . Carlsbad has a cultural arts office as well http://www.carlsbadca.gov/services/departments/cultural/Page…
The Coastal North San Diego County is a great area to live, I am a bit biased being a native of the area but it is very nice and centrally located to many areas of Southern California. We are 30 minutes north of San Diego and about the same distance from Laguna Beach. The weather is perfect and there are many great restaurants and things to get out and do, museums, the zoo and wild animal park, aquariums, professional sports and plays... the list goes on and on. It is nice that we are "out of the rat race" yet close enough to enjoy all the large cities can offer. We are right on the beach but about an hour from skiing in the mountains, close to San Diego and Los Angeles and all the entertainment between.

'
In general, having come from the Bay Area myself and lived in both Oceanside and Carlsbad, they feel more conservative and less culturally diverse than Berkeley. Both cities try to promote the arts(Oceanside Museum of Art, Carlsbad's ArtSplash and Museum of Making Music), but it may not get as much attention in the overall budget as Berkeley.