In My Neighborhood in 87112>Question Details

Kathy Findlay, Home Buyer in Albuquerque, NM

what is towner avenue like the area????

Asked by Kathy Findlay, Albuquerque, NM Fri Aug 19, 2011

Answers

5
Hello Kathy, I'm curious, Are you new to Albuquerque or just considering a different part of town?

This street, like so many in Albuquerque, is spotty and different in different areas.... Of course it's helpful to drive by homes you are considering, but as a green alternative to a tank of gas you can do this virtually by using the mapping features available through Google maps, Mapquest, or many other internet based mapping sources.

Better yet, a thoughtful buyers agent will set you up a search on our local MLS. Once established you can keep tabs on the homes you are interested in, send comments to your agent, get ALL the available details on the home, and use 3-D satellite mapping to check out the neighbors and area.

I specialize in working with buyers in the establish & older areas of Albuquerque. Feel free to check out customer reviews of me (below) and my dedication to the client. (PS: It does not cost any more to use a buyers agent and may save you thousands to have a buyer oriented representative assist you with purchase and inspections.)

Have a happy home search!
Kathy, Towner Ave. runs intermittently over the course of about ten miles in the city of Albuquerque. What part of Towner interests you? I can help you find out more about any part of Towner; at the same time I am a North Valley specialist. Drop by my Facebook page to see what is happening in the real estate market and take advantage of the resources there.
Kathy, you might also check crime stats for any area you are considering here: http://www.cabq.gov/onlinesvcs/crimestats/
David
Hi Kathy,
It depends on where you are talking about. Towner just west of Juan Tabo is a little rough, with a number of older four plexes, often with a few for sale. Towner continues up near Chelwood, almost up to Tramway, which is a nice area, with nice homes, although they are late 1960's homes and floorplans are a little choppy (some have small living areas). Homes in this area are typically low $2000k's. Overall, those are nice and worth considering. The four plexes down by Juan Tabo are often priced pretty well (need some work), so there could be a good investment found there every now and then. Towner also continues more to the west, down by Moon. Thos homes are fine too, although usually priced a little lower (mid $100k's). If I missed where you are talking about, just let me know, and I will address the specific location you are talking about and can even post a link to some comps, or send them to you. Just txt, call, or email me (or contact through Trulia or my website) and let me know. Use me as a free expert resource anytime! Happy house hunting Kathy!
Towner stops and starts several times and runs through different neighborhoods. One section has a number of 4-unit buildings, but most are residential. In addition to sections in the NE, there are sections of Tower in the NW. Towner runs a block or two south of Menaul, and runs generally east-west.