In My Neighborhood in 28110>Question Details

Beatrice, Home Buyer in Hempstead, NY

what is the reason for such a high rateof propertry and violent crime? Drugs or racial?

Asked by Beatrice, Hempstead, NY Sun Dec 20, 2009

Answers

4
Anna Brocco’s answer
Unfortunately, Realtors are prohibited from such a discussion, due to Federal and State, Fair Housing Laws--for statistics and data the local police station would be your best source of information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 20, 2009
Race is never the cause of crime unless you are referring to some racial crime. Being of a certain race does not make you predestined to commit a crime. If you believe that, then that is the bases of being racist. I'm sure that's not what you meant, but when we look at the race of a neighborhood to judge its crime rate that is judging a race simply on skin color.
Hello Beatrice and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, as Realtors, we are not allowed to comment on crimes within any neighborhood and must refer interested buyers back to the local police for information. I might suggest contacting the local police department or communications officer to ask them directly, why there appears to be so much crime in a specific area. As the police patrol many sections of any town, they are the first and often the best source of information about crime patterns and increased incidents of crime. They can also tell you how their department is responding to the problems in the area.

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty

P. S. Mack, you're such a card!!
Hockey. Have you seen the Islanders play lately?