Berkeley Art…, Home Buyer in San Diego County, CA

what is the neighborhood like around 4865 Campanile Dr. climate, smog, crime rate, easy access to shopping, transportation, pet friendly, friendly

Asked by Berkeley Artiste, San Diego County, CA Sat Apr 9, 2011

neighbors

Answers

7
My personal experience is that because of SDSU, you have to be weary of the mini-dorm situation which drove prices down several years ago as investment groups took a stranglehold on the area. Pleasant neighborhoods with families turned into home after home rented to students. The only ones who were really buying anything were the investment groups who were pretty ruthless at the low ball prices they were offering.
These guys were in their 20s and owned 30 plus properties.

Ironically, I feel the City of San Diego did more to help their effort than stop them as the City's attempts to curtail the mini-dorm situation scared off a lot of other would be buyers. The investment groups just dealt with the City and worked around the CIty's mini-dorm laws because they had such a large stake in the area.

I lived there in the Rolando area when I went to State, which is about a mile from Campanile - liked it as a student, but would not go back today even as an investor.

BeachBrokerBill
DRE#01775528
I love the College Area! It;s one of my favorite's in Metro San Diego. Great restaurants, vibe and easy to get to all freeways and public transportation. I listed a link below that will give you detailed info on all your questions.
I think David has it right, Hillcrest and North Park have a great feel if you'd like to stay more central in San Diego. I love printmaking and painting in my leisure time, but not sure I'd consider the College area to do it. Ocean Beach has a good feel to it, and so does Encinitas up in North County by the beach.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you, home or art related!

Cory
Campanile Drive is the heart of SDSU, so I assume you are looking for a college location. Ideal for strong rental and minimal vacancy. No pet restrictions. Higher priced because of the demand, but there are some occassional good deals in the area. YOu want to stay north of EL Cajon Blvd in order to avoid the riff raff south of EL Cajon Blvd. Again, you will have to pay a small premium for this central college location. North of Campanile Drive is Del Cerro (north of the 8 fwy and adjacent to SDSU) and is also a nice community. For a "Berkeley artist", you might also consider the strong art culture in Hillcrest and North Park, west of the 805 along El Cajon Blvd. This is a very eclectic community with less college influence except for the Schools of Medicine and Hospital for internships, influeneced by UCSD school of Medicine. daviddukes@hotmail.com David Dukes , MBA, realtor
4865 Campanile Drive is in the college area. Within walking distance to San Diego State, close to everyday shopping, very close to public transportation, no pet restrictiions and a friendly/college neighborhood. Seems like a pretty good fit for a Berkeley Artiste! Whether buying or renting email me steven@sellsandiegohomes.com to find out more.
I can send you a detailed report by e-mail that will answer all of your questions above and more. Just contact me with your e-mail address and I can send it immediately.
addendum: that's San Diego