In My Neighborhood in 95422>Question Details

Lani, Home Buyer in Clearlake, CA

what is the mixture of ethnicities? Is it an racist area? My daughter is bi racial, would she be harassed? She is 1/2 asian.

Asked by Lani, Clearlake, CA Thu Jul 25, 2013

Answers

5
This is unacceptable is no many ways!
Realtors cannot comment on Race, Religion or Ethnicity; anything we say can and obviously will be misconstrued. If we comment positively or negatively, we can be accused of STEERING and lose our license.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
This is one part of the Job that Realtors do not like:
When I was young, I was BULLIED; it was, and I understand, still is very common.
This had nothing to do with ethnicity; we were all white at a Catholic School.
When my son was in school; he was bullied: He didn't sprout until his senior year, and became over 6 feet and 200 hundred pounds.
Kids can be cruel; from the best families, they can be cruel!

I met a six year old, beautiful girl the other day: He parents had named her Terra. She will be teased and called TERROR, and she will cry, and hate school.

We cannot put them in a glass bubble; they will all have to get tougher as they grow up. We will also have to weed out the bullies and bigots. We have to teahc them how to "buck up" and also defend themselves.

Most of all; you will have to survey your prospective neighborhood, meet your new neighbors and school officials, and decide for yourself if this is where you want to raise your family.
I am familiar with most of California and I can tell you that there aren't many places on earth that are better than this for growing up.
If we told you that Clearlake is great and perfect; and next month, your little girl comes home crying, what are you going to think about our advice?
A licensed agent would be prohibited from answering this question, because we cannot violate fair housing, and we certainly do not want to be accused of steering a prospect to a specific area. Aside from those issues, you are depending on any individual's observations and personal experience. I recommend creating your own!
In our area I do not think you would encounter a racial problem. We have several Asian families in our neighborhood. Your daughter would not be treated so badly in the local school and the principle would see to it.
well, I WANT to steer clear of racist areas! My son was beaten up, given a concussion strictly because he wasn't 100% white, this happened on school grounds and the school did nothing about it, never even gave the 2 kids who did it a suspension. Then there is the subtle racism where no one beats you up but no one will hire you or talk to you either. Residents maybe you can help me out? Which areas in or near clear lake are the least racist of someone who is 1/2 asian 1/2 french?