Edav2201, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

what is the crime rate in this area? Especially 3612 wallace.

Asked by Edav2201, Indianapolis, IN Wed Mar 28, 2012

Latino gangs are in the area. We moved out in 2003 after living in that area for over 9 years. Then a lot of vandalizing, breaking-in homes, and "tagging" the parks, and buildings started in. The reputed gang is called the infamous "SUR 13"...a very dangerous Latino gang. May want to re-think buying anywhere from around this area. Just drive around for a while. Look & estimate by all of the "tagging" (graffiti), brightly painted homes in oranges, blues, greens, and pinks. Also look to see just how many homes are for sale or sitting empty for long periods of time. That will be your first clue!
I usually tell my clients that they can check with the police department & ask them for statistics. You might try that.
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.

Try going there and see if you find what you are looking for. We can't really say what areas are safe, not safe, family friendly, or no way would I move my family there but it may work for yours. We can only give you websites to do your own research. So, just go to Google as I did, and type what you are looking for.

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://thevearusgroup.com