In My Neighborhood in 95401>Question Details

judyreed11, Home Buyer in Vallejo, CA

what is the crime levels in this area?

Asked by judyreed11, Vallejo, CA Sat Nov 10, 2012

Answers

4
Some communities such as associations are more prone to criminal activity than others. Some communities and neighborhoods are more prone to certain types of crime than others.

Response times of local police and what they respond to can vary, especially in these economic times, where officers are often asked to do the work of three people.

If one buys into a manager controlled community, this can add another variable in terms of the criminal element. The security of the local community and the home is another factor to check into.

Do you have children? Who is living nearby? Answering this question can serve to help with peace of mind and assist with reducing the worry or stress of not knowing.

It pays to check into these and other things with the help of a buyers agent before investing in a home.

There are some simple techniques that will help you decide which neighborhood is worth living in and where you would feel unsafe. I share some simple tips with my clients around this, upon request, as a buyers agent.
If you're looking to buy a home and are not from this area, it's best to start working with an agent as far ahead as you can so you will have time to tour many homes and areas and get acquainted with the various areas of santa rosa. check out my blog for more info on Sonoma county!
If you move to Bennett Valley or Rincon Valley, those are good neighborhoods. Roseland is not a good neighborhood. Anything past the Snoopy Ice Arena is not good as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Judy,

You can check with your local police department for recent crime histories or check http://www.crimereports.com for your zip code.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012