In My Neighborhood in 85635>Question Details

Al Tribble, Home Buyer in Sierra Vista, AZ

what is the climate like in the summer in sierra vista az?

Asked by Al Tribble, Sierra Vista, AZ Wed Nov 30, 2011

Answers

8
I have lived in Sierra Vista for the last 27 years, so I can tell you our summers are much milder than either Phoenix or Tucson. We may get into the triple digits, no more than 103*/104*, usually not until the middle to end of June, then on about July 4th our monsoons kick in and we get a nice afternoon shower most days which keeps our temps in the mid 90s. Monsoon will last until around the beginning to the end of September. We might get some rainy days in the summer, but not so much. Generally a shower in the afternoon lasting anywhere from20 minutes to 2 hours. Please let me know if you need any more information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 30, 2011
80's 90's and 100 2-3 times during the summer in Sierra Vista. Phoenix is nearly 200 miles north and west in the low/dry desert. 4600 feet elevation in Sierra Vista. Monsoon is very active in Sierra Vista from late June to September. Very comfortable weather in Sierra Vista's summers!
We actually live in Vail, AZ right now. Planning a move to Sierra Vista soon. We are about 45 minutes northwest of Sierra Vista now.
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
Typically it runs from 80's to high 90's, occasionally hitting 100 degrees. Afternoon tend to get windy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
I just moved here this year from a northern climate, and found the summers to be surprisingly pleasant - cool (a few days were only in the 70's, but 80's to low 90's seemed more common), rainy, (thunderstorms in the afternoons, but usually at least a half day of sunshine as well) without being oppressively humid. I loved my first summer here!
I would say "ditto" to all of the comments below. I grew up in Boston, and have lived in CA, WA, MD and VA. No summer weather I have experienced compares to the comfort of the Sierra Vista summers---summers that allow for outside activities like walking, biking, and mountain climbing on the Huachuca Mountains. Just don't forget to bring your water bottle. Because the humidity is so low, you can easily become dehydrated before you know it. And, of course, sunscreen is a "must." Let me know if you have any other questions.
1st of all, Sierra Vista is not a suburb of Tucson. Sierra Vista summer is Heaven compared to Phoenix and cooler than Tucson also.

To me, almost all months are summer here. Since I spent most of my life in cold country, this weather is great. In several years there has been snow about once per year and most melts my midday.

Summer sun is very nice with night cooling. Oh it would be nice if every month were May or June. Sometimes you will welcome the monsoon just for the water.

Synopsis: 12 MONTHS OF SUMMER
In the summer we tend to spend most of the days in the mid to high 90's every once in a while breaking 100 degrees. Not very humid, however our summer is also our monsoon season, usually sunny in the mornings and then around 1 or 2 in the afternoon the clouds roll in for some afternoon rain and/ or lightning/thunder storms.

I have lived in Sierra Vista for 15 years now and i must say 1 of the best things about this place is the beautiful weather!

Robert Huttsell
United Country Timberview Properties
(520) 266-0064
Here is a good link for your question.

http://www.average-temperature.com/temps/AZ/Sierra%20Vista

Sierra Vista and the Tucson area usually have more of the heavy rain and monsoon storms during the summer. Phoenix is 100+ miles to the Northwest and the storms do not build as strong to penetrate the "heat island" that surrounds the Phoenix Metro Area. I hope this helps you out. Good Luck!

Matt Puzz
Licensed Loan Originator
Amerifirst Financial, Inc.
1910 S. Stapley Drive #209
Mesa, AZ 85204
Direct: 602-410-9333
Office: 480-682-6617
Fax: 480-344-3687
NMLS# 213777 AZ LO-0915068
Apply Online: http://www.mattpuzz.com
Web Reference: http://www.mattpuzz.com