In My Neighborhood in 36527>Question Details

Lana, Home Owner in 36527

what is the average cost per square foot to build a new home?

Asked by Lana, 36527 Mon Apr 30, 2012

I want to assure that my home owners coverage is enough should I have to rebuild due to a disaster.

Answers

5
It depends where your building and if you using custom or a value builder. It can be 90-132 per square foot. Good Luck!
Here in Northern Ny its 120ish a square foot. The building codes are much stricter due to Snow loads and colder climate therefore increasing the costs.
Are you wondering about luxury home per foot cost or starter home?
When insuring your home you should consider whether the provider is offering you replacement value or actual cash value. Your insurance agent can explain the difference. Square foot replacement cost is something that can really fluctuate depending on the type and style of the home; the lot on which it is built and what features and amenities you are putting into the home. A very basic house will cost in the $80/ft range to rebuild while one with granite, hardwood, and new features like are offered by many of the builders in Spanish Fort will run in the $115/ft range.
It really depends on the builder. But, an average home in today's market is between $85 to $95 a square foot.