In My Neighborhood in 40258>Question Details

Mary, Other/Just Looking in Louisville, KY

what is the area like?

Asked by Mary, Louisville, KY Fri Nov 20, 2009

Answers

7
Mark & Paula Atteberry’s answer
Mary, I lived in PRP for 5 years before recently moving. The values seem stable and I really enjoyed the general atmosphere. You can find out EVERYTHING about schools, shopping, churches, dining and much more by going to http://www.LouisvilleMarket.com and entering the 40258 zip code. You will also see homes listed and recently sold in the area complete with their MLS listing and photos.

For crime information, you can search http://louisvilleky.gov/MetroPolice/ and clicking USE METRO WATCH.

I have sold many houses in that area and would love the opportunity to work with you.
I also sell in this and surrounding areas. If your talking about stores, well you need to go across town to do any good shopping at the super Malls off of Shelbyville Road. There is a fairly new Walmart Store and several good eating places. The old Dillards store has opened up a Peddlers Mall and there are several good restaurants around there. The gas seems less expensive on that side of town. There is a new Kroger store near the Gene Snyder. Other than that not sure what your looking for in an answer.
Mary, Did you find what you needed to know about the area? I just found a client a home in the general area a few days ago. We saw several and they are very satisfied with what the area has to offer in the way of shopping, gyms, etc. Additionally they settled on a quiet area only minutes from all of the above.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 26, 2009
Mary, here are some current stats on 40258: There are currently 129 Single Family homes for sale. The average list price is $122,639. The average price per sqft is $98.41. The median is $119,900. The lowest priced house is $31,000 and the highest priced house is $242,500. Please let me know if you need more information about this zipcode or any other zipcode in the greater louisville area. You can email me at bcochran@semonin.com. Thanks and good luck with your Real Estate goals!
I have been showing alot of homes in that area recently and there are some super buys and nice inventory. Depending where in the zip you settle you can be very close to shopping and entertainment or have a quiet private setting. Nive variety.
Web Reference: http://www.debbierood.com
Mary, Are you looking to make a change, I would be happy to help you make the transition. I have plenty of experience in many different counties in and around Louisville, so if you need information on different areas I could help you in your search. In fact this morning I am running out to Nelson county to look at a HUD home that I need to do some work for. If you are interested in any HUD properties I am the one to talk to!
What area are you inquiring about specifically?