In My Neighborhood in 29466>Question Details

Dana, Home Buyer in Mount Pleasant, SC

what is it like to live in hamlin plantation?

Asked by Dana, Mount Pleasant, SC Wed Jul 7, 2010

Great neighborhood.. I show property there all the time to my clients.. There are a lot of homes that are the same floor plan done over and over which bothers me. One of my best friends lives there and loves it. Great amenities.. Here's what's for sale currently:…
Hoping someone is still following this… considering moving there but am hearing that a large part of the community has a lawsuit against the builders… not sure how concerned I should be??? Any insight would be welcome!
Hamlin Plantation is one of my favorite neighborhoods in Mount Pleasant for several reasons. Hamlin is one of the closer new construction neighborhoods to the beach, downtown Charleston and the center of Mount Pleasant. All of the homes in this neighborhood are built very well and John Wieland, the developer, is a smart builder, so you don't have to worry about them undercutting the existing home sales with their new construction. I don't live there, but have several close friends that do and you get a great since of neighborhood and community by living there. Neighbors make all of the difference and since most of these homes are owner occupied, you have pride of ownership and friendly neighbors.
Hello Dana:

Hamlin is a Planned Unit community with single family homes and condo's within the same community. There are lush landscaped entrances to each sub-section of the community. A Beautiful Clubhouse, Pool and Tennis Courts are available to all Hamlin residents. There are plenty of walking paths. "TheSound" is a subsection of Hamlin community which lays adjacent to the open waters of Hamlin Sound. This is the marsh between the Intercoastal Waterway and the Isle of Palms which is the nearest beach community on the Atlantic Ocean. So, you are only about 10 minutes from this beautiful beach. You can enjoy a walk down Intercoastal View Drive located in "The Sound" of Hamlin and enjoy the view of the marsh, wildlife and water. The beautiful homes that are perched near the waterline, compliment this Hamlin Plantation Community.

The Home values in Hamlin have held steady thru the Recession. In 2008 there were 67 sales with an Median Sales price of $400,000 and an average sales price of $404,148. The average days on the market were 81. The average cost per sq.ft. was $164.00 per sf.
In 2009 there were 48 sales with a Median sales price of $397,000 and an average sale price of $392,237. The average days on the market were 212 and the average cost per sq.ft. $146.00 per sqft. This year, 2010 to date, There have been 53 sales with a Median Sales Price of $430,000 The average Sales price is $419,749. The average days on the market are 154 and the average cost per sq.ft. is $145.00 per sq.ft.

So, you can see, this Hamlin Plantation Community has had little affect by this historically depressed Real Estate Market.
These homes in Hamlin Plantation have begun to increase again this year. It is a most desireable community, one that I hope to live in one day. If you would like an analysis of other Mt. Pleasant communities. Please contact me. 843-725-8095 or

It is my pleasure to help you.

Pat Broghamer
Dear Dana,

I am glad that you are interested in Hamlin Plantation in Mount Pleasant!! Hamlin Plantation, one of the newer neighborhoods in Mount Pleasant, is convenient to beaches, schools, shopping, and restaurants. There is a wide range of housing styles and price ranges which should give you a wealth of inventory to choose from. Hamlin Plantation is recognized as a clean, upscale neighborhood by people who live in Mount Pleasant and the people that I know who live there are very happy. I have clients who moved from California that live in a section of the neighborhood called "The Sound" and they are glad that they chose their home there. I would be glad to provide you with their contact information if that would be helpful to you.

The neighborhood has a beautiful clubhouse, swimming pool, and fitness center but you can also use all of the Town of Mount Pleasant's facilities as a citizen.

I have attached a link to the website for the neighborhood. I would love to have the opportunity to introduce you to this special part of Mount Pleasant if you have a few minutes.

Cheryll Woods-Flowers
Web Reference:
Hi Dana,
Although I don't live in Hamlin Plantation, I have sold property there. Hamlin Plantation is a lovely picturesque community that appears to differ from a larger subdivision like Park West in that it's residential in nature without the commercial factor of stores.
Friends and clients that I have spoken to, that live in Hamlin love living there; one of the reasons being that it's strategically located in Mt Pleasant and they feel it offers them easy access to all of Mt Pleasant as well as 526, the beaches and downtown. They also enjoy the amenities that Hamlin offers such as a clubhouse, play park, tennis, pool, walking and bike trails, as well as an exercise area.
Prices of single family homes range from the low $300k to just over a million, where as prices of townhomes range from the low $200k. to $479k.

The best way to get a feel for a subdivision is to visit that subdivision during the week as well as on weekends at different times of the day. Park your car, walk around and speak with the residents that live there so that you can get a feel for the community and see if it meets your lifestyle criteria and needs.

I hope that helps you.
Hamlin Plantation is a very nice, planned community with several subsections. Currently, there are 46 homes on the market, ranging in price from $210K to $1.16M. The Home Owners Association website is The entrance is off Rifle Range Road, and many Traffic Improvements are completed and in progress. MapQuest says it is
about 14 miles and 25 minutes from Downtown Charleston. Less than 10 miles to the beach!
Hamlin Plantation is a beautiful neighborhood with multiple subsections connected with a beautiful wooded road. Selection of different home types and lots can't be beat! Townhomes starting at 209k with 1200 sqft to townhomes with as much as 3000 sqft. Single family homes starting at 309k with 2000 sqft to as large as 4500 sqft. Award winning amenities feature a clubhouse, olympic swimming pool, waterslide, and work out facility. The community also has a play park, basketball, tennis, and beach volleyball courts. Easily move above around Hamlin Planation on it's own walking and biking trails. Grocery shopping as well as many restaurants just around the corner. IOP connector easy to reach for a day on the beach.

Please let me know if you'd like a list of available homes or if there is anything more I can help you with.

My best, Laura
Web Reference:
Hi Dana -- you can check out a recent video tour I did of Hamlin Plantation here
Flag Thu May 7, 2015