In My Neighborhood in 83864>Question Details

Jon Urquhart, Home Buyer in Prineville, OR

what is average temp in summer and winter?

Asked by Jon Urquhart, Prineville, OR Sun Mar 11, 2012

Answers

8
Jon,

My records indicate that the average low in January is 18.1 and the average high in July is only 83. I was surprised the first time I visited Sandpoint was in February about six years ago and we were able to go on a friends Jet Boat around lake and watched people snow ski at the same time.

It is a great place to live or have a second home!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 12, 2012
I am from CO. I am a single woman who is looking for a nice rental. There are too many people moving to CO. I am wondering if anyone can help me find a place to live in this area. Thank you for the information many have already provided. Very helpful.
Average temp in the summer is between 80-85 and winter is between 10-20
One of my favorite websites is citydata.com. It gives an incredible amount of information about any US city that might interest you including but much more than weather. I highly reccommend it. In our area, there are 'pockets' that have different weather. Sandpoint is usually hovers a little below freezing during the winter, but it is normal to have one or two weeks of very cold weather ( around zero) each winter unless it is unusually mild like this one was. In the summer, we stay around 80 degrees but again, we can have a week or two of very hot weather, ( 100+) some summers. Hope Idaho, and Port Hill, are known 'bannana belts' where the weather is slightly more mild. Any of the surrounding areas that rise in elevation will experience more snow than downtown Sandpoint. Sandpoint itself has a little more wind in the winter than some surrounding towns. The Clark Fork River Valley is protected from these winds, but the closer you get to the Montana border, the more snow you will have. Hope this helps! Jeanie Davis - Broker Hometown Real Estate - Sandpoint Idaho Visit me at: Dreamidaho.com
The average temp in the summer is low to mid 70s, and winter can vary--coldest I have seen was -10 degrees, however the average winter temp is probably mid 20s to low 30s.
Jon,
Would you like a "Relocation" Package? It has maps, magazines and dining information?
If so, email your mailing address to sherry@homesinsandpoint.com or visit our web page http://www.HomesInSandpoint.com and sign up. We would be happy to send you the information.
Smiles,
Sherry
average temp in July and Aug 80 high... January high avg is 33 and avg low 20.
this is off the top of my head... any detail call us at 208.255.8197. Brenda
Hi Jon ~ Our winters are normally very mild but chilly. We do not get too much snow but cold winds are normal.
Are you living outside Idaho and are considering moving here? I would love to assist you with any additional questions you have.

Shelly Dyer - Realtor
208-965-3937