In My Neighborhood in 28904>Question Details

Bcombs1940, Home Buyer in Hayesville, NC

what does it cost to build a very nice home in this zip code?

Asked by Bcombs1940, Hayesville, NC Wed Feb 22, 2012

Answers

6
As you can see the answers to this question have a variety of answers. In the current market, most people are finding it difficult at best to be able to get a new construction loan. The cost of building materials is up and the sales prices for existing homes has dropped to a low that has not been seen in a couple of decades. I would love to discuss this topic further with anyone interested in building in this area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2014
This depends very much on your definition of "very nice" depending on the level of finish, you could see anywhere from $100/sq ft up to $175/sq ft. I would be happy to help connect you to some expert professionals who can give you a more specific idea based on your specific requirements.

Also, because of the current cost of building, you can probably buy a much nicer existing home than what you can build. I would be happy to show you the range of possibilities, feel free to give me a call any time!
Approximately $100 a sq.ft. Depending on the plan and the inside decor.
To answer this question quickly without alot of details, a 1500 square foot cabin on an unfinished daylight basement, not including the land costs, could run @ $125,000. Thats about $83.00 per square foot.
Cost to Build varies widely depending on the type of house and level of quality and finish you want in the house.

Just like cars vary widely. If you have $35,000 to spend on a car. You can buy a top of the line Kia, or a Base Model Mercedes. Which do you want to buy?

The same applies to home construction. You can buy a LOADED house from a lesser quality builder. Or a more modest home from an Excellent Custom Builder.
Web Reference: http://www.natewolf.com
You can figure on paying at least $100 per sq. ft. for an average house. The upgrades will add to that price. If you want granite counter tops, top of the line cabinets, hardwood floors, high-end appliances, a fireplace, a basement, post and beam architecture, the cost is higher, probably closer to $150 per sq. ft. The best thing to do is talk to a builder. Show him your floor plan and go over the particular items that I have mentioned.