In My Neighborhood in 28207>Question Details

Jack, Home Owner in 28207

what are the deed restrictions on my property?

Asked by Jack, 28207 Wed May 16, 2012

how do I find out what deed restrictions are on my property

Answers

9
Contact your local title company and ask for a complimentary profile report of your property. That report will show all liens, deeds and restrictions (CC&R's) that may be attached to your property. You can then ask for copies of each attachment and review what restrictions are placed on your property.

If you belong to a HOA then you can simply ask for a copy of the CC&R's. (Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions)
If a Deed doesn't mention abiding by Covenants or Restrictions can they be enforced?
This is a small community that is a private and has only a few full time residents. The yearly dues are needed to maintain road and grounds.
Some of the Deed address the Covenants and some don't. Do we have any recourse?
Flag Sat Aug 23, 2014
Good afternoon, Jack:
If you live in 28207, all the deed restrictions will be on record in the Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds. In that zip code, you may find some restrictions that are no longer enforceable. For the most accurate information, you should hire an attorney to do a title search and advise which restrictions are applicable. You will need to make a special request to also pull any owners association records when they search title.
If you want to find out what the building restrictions are, you should go to planning and zoning to find out about setbacks and the building permit counter to ask about applicable codes and code required upgrades. There was some recent talk of a historic overlay district which may prohibit "McMansions" in the Myers Park and Dilworth areas, so you should ask about that also. If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
Do you still have the closing package from when you purchased your home. The deed restrictions should be part of the title work that was done by the closing attorney.
What area are you in? If you are in the Raleigh-Greater Triangle area, email me and I will research it.

thank you Jack.
JACK,

the county courthouse will have a copy of the deed restrictions. Also if you have an HOA the management company for yoru association will have a copy of them on file that you can request a copy of.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
http://www.davedicecco.com
Hi Jack! If you can email me the name of the community, and address I can look them up to see if they are available in the local MLS system. You can also check with your Homeowner's Association, which should have the most up-to-date restrictions. Hope this helps!

Cheryl King
Keller Williams Realty-Ballantyne Area Market Center
Jack,

Email me with the property address and I'll see if our system has a copy of the CCRs that I can email to you.

Bill Ahls
BILLatAHLSdotNET